Paradox - Electrify

TheWyvern

Oct 22, 2006
Paradox - Electrify
AFM Records - Out Now

By Daniel Fisher

Electrify.jpg

Charly Steinhauer returns after maybe 8 or so years from the last killer cd Collision Course with yet another bone crushing cd Electrify. This record is not bad at all. I put the disc in my cd player and was assaulted by intricate riffs, slick drumming and superb songwriting with some tasty vocal harmonies. Steinhauer apparently messed up his throat years ago and was going to hand over singing duties to someone else but he has healed and given us some wonderful vocal takes here. Tracks like 'Second Over Third By Force' and 'Hyperspeed Halucinations' demonstrate a high level of techincal prowess and melodic sensibility.

I must make a Dave Mustaine reference at this point because this guy has such an ability to write awesome thrashy material that Dave is the only one that springs to mind. Every song on this cd sounds different and the vocals make each song that much more individual and sweet. This is a cd that you crank in your car and just sit back in awe of how much balls this ten song album has, perhaps trying to forget you've been sitting there for 50 minutes outside your girlfriend's house while she's STILL getting ready to go out.

So go get Electrify, don your best skin tight, acid rinse jeans and cut off t-shirt, raise a bottle and smile.

Official Hail of Bullets Myspace
Official MetalBlade Records Website