Paradox is back?

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com
Seems that Paradox has reformed and will be putting out a new CD soon:

Blabbermouth said:
Drummer Alex Holzwarth and bassist Oliver Holzwarth (Alex's brother) have rejoined PARADOX, the long-running German metal band led by Charly Steinhauer. The group is currently working on material for a new album, tentatively due in 2012 via AFM Records. According to a press release, the new record will be a conceptual effort that will be tied to the heresy story featured the PARADOX's eponymous and most commercially successful 1989 album "Heresy".

Steinhauer and the brothers Holzwarth previously collaborated on the PARADOX classic entitled "Collision Course" in 2000.

Commented Alex Holzwarth: "We never really understood what happened after 'Collision Course'. We put out a great album, did great shows and all of a sudden we decided to split and therefore put to rest one of the most exciting musical projects in heavy metal music. For me it was just a matter of time until paths cross again. PARADOX now is a band in its strongest sense — it is all about sharing visions, writing exciting music and touring all over the earth and even going to Mars, if necessary."

Added Oliver Holzwarth: "We met again [while working on] the BRUTAL GODZ project in 2010. Hands down, Charly is one state-of-the-art rhythm guitar player when it comes to powerful and supertight machine-gun riffing. And he is a great singer/songwriter in his genre, even open-minded to all the crazy ideas that Alex and I put on the table. I tend to call him the German James Hetfield. At least he is writing the music that METALLICA don't do anymore. To put a long story short: there are no boundaries anymore. The funny thing is that right now we have a two-timer thing: we got PARADOX plus another band that is in the making right now with exactly the same lineup. Stay tuned!"

PARADOX's current lineup:

Charly Steinhauer - Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Gus Drax - Lead Guitars And Virtuosity
Alex Holzwarth - Drums And Percussion
Oliver Holzwarth - Bass

This is good news. This band has a few elite albums, several solid albums, and zero bad albums. Would love to thrash to them at ProgPower. Think I'll go dust off Heresy today.

I don't know if this means they'll be back in full. I tend to remember at the time of the announcement that they were disbanding, that Charly was still going to do one more album and then quit. It could be they're just rejoining for this album. I hope it's permanent but I dunno...

In the past, taking a risk on a band wasn't as big of an issue. Especially an opening slot band. But now, when it comes to the visa costs, Glenn takes a serious financial hit when a band doesn't show. So I can see that he needs to be even more careful than the past.

German metallers PARADOX will release their new album, "Tales Of The Weird", on December 14 via AFM Records. The CD was produced by PARADOX mainman Charly Steinhauer and was mixed and mastered by Victor Bullok (a.k.a. V. Santura; TRIPTYKON, DARK FORTRESS) at Woodshed Studio in Landshut, Germany. The cover art was created by Claudio Bergamin.

"Tales Of The Weird" features guest appearances by Bob Katsionis (FIREWIND) and Gus Drax (SUNBURST).

"Tales Of The Weird" track listing:

01. Tales Of The Weird
02. Day Of Judgement
03. Brutalized
04. Fragile Alliance
05. Slashdead
06. Drowning In Lies
07. Zeitgeist
08. Escalation
09. Brainwashed
10. The Downward Spiral
11. A Light In The Black (RAINBOW cover) (Japanese bonus track)

The new PARADOX lineup is as follows:

Charly Steinhauer (vocals, guitar)
Christian Muenzner (guitar)
Olly Keller (bass)
Daniel "Evil Ewald" Buld (drums)

Commented new PARADOX guitarist Christian Muenzner (also of OBSCURA): "I already applied for PARADOX 10 years ago, even before I was in the band NECROPHAGIST. Logisitically, this is even the closest band to where I live; we're not even 45 minutes apart, so this makes a lot of sense. Been a fan of that band for years and always wanted to play thrash, so here we go. The new songs sound fucking amazing, I'm stoked to be a part of this!"

paradoxtalescd.jpg

paradoxtalesband.jpg

Thrashers Paradox have made available a new song for streaming. You can now listen below to "Escalation", the first taste of what you will find in the new album. The song will appear on the band's new offering Tales Of The Weird, which will come out on December 14th via AFM Records.

Tales Of The Weird tracklist:

01. Tales Of The Weird
02. Day Of Judgement
03. Brutalized
04. Fragile Alliance [feat. Gus Drax]
05. Escalation
06. Brainwashed
07. Slashdead
08. Zeitgeist
09. The Downward Spiral
10. A Light In The Black [bonus] [feat. Bob Katsionis]

Source: metalstorm.net