Parker guitar flaw

nezvers

Beast
Oct 5, 2010
Latvia, Riga
I just saw luthier fixing Parker guitar and FFS it has GLUED ON FRETS, that can simply fall off.
Pitty, because guitar itself look interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam D said the same thing about the frets falling off. He moved to PRS after that. I played a Parker once and it felt preety good. I hope they get their shit together with the fret thing because they are an interesting company with some cool ideas.

After some surfing I found "reason" for gluing on. It's kinda to have "better" neck strength.
I know that putting frets into fingerboard in some cases can give force for neck bow and it's needed to have adjusted truss rod already because fretwires. In Parker case truss rod is needed to adjust only because of strings.

After some surfing I found "reason" for gluing on. It's kinda to have "better" neck strength.
I know that putting frets into fingerboard in some cases can give force for neck bow and it's needed to have adjusted truss rod already because fretwires. In Parker case truss rod is needed to adjust only because of strings.

I don't think this argument holds up. If I cut 24 slots in a fretboard but then plug those up with a material harder than the original wood itself, you're telling me it'll cause the neck to bend/bow more easily? Especially seeing as the fretboard accounts for maybe 1/5 the thickness of the neck, this seems suspect.

If they said something like "the composite/carbon fiber fretboards we use don't take slots well" then I could get on board, but "this is stronger" just seems dumb.

I don't think this argument holds up. If I cut 24 slots in a fretboard but then plug those up with a material harder than the original wood itself, you're telling me it'll cause the neck to bend/bow more easily? Especially seeing as the fretboard accounts for maybe 1/5 the thickness of the neck, this seems suspect.

If they said something like "the composite/carbon fiber fretboards we use don't take slots well" then I could get on board, but "this is stronger" just seems dumb.

Yeah I expect there is some answer in regards to why they can't/won't specifically use regular frets (ie carbon fiber boards). But I can't help but assume it is some kind of laziness. Maybe they don't do it on the carbon boards and so they just glue the frets on for the guitars with wood boards as well. I dunno but it's very strange.