PATHOSRAY - new album, new labels, confirmed for PP Scan

Claus / Intromental

20 years of uniting the powers of metal
Pathosray signs new record deals / Pathosray confirmed for ProgPower Scandinavia

Italian progressive metal band PATHOSRAY is proud to announce the signing of a worldwide deal with Frontiers Records, and an exclusive Japanese deal with Soundholic Records, for the upcoming second album, "Sunless Skies".

PATHOSRAY was formed in 2000 by drummer Ivan Moni Bidin and vocalist Marco Sandron, later joined by bass player Fabio D'Amore, keyboardist Gianpaolo Rinaldi, and guitarist Alessio Velliscig. The band released their self titled debut album "Pathosray" through Sensory Records in late 2007, gathering a great response from the Progressive Metal communities all over the world.

In support of the release, PATHOSRAY played a few selected shows around Italy and in September 2008 the guys went to Atlanta, USA to perform for the first time abroad in front of an enthusiastic ProgPower USA Festival crowd. 2 weeks later they played at ProgPower Europe in Holland with similar responses.

The rest of 2008 was spent on writing and recording the new album, "Sunless Skies", which was recorded and engineered at Artesonika Studios in Italy by Ivan Moni Bidin and Fabio D'Amore, and mixed and mastered in Sweden by Johan Ornborg and Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios (Symphony X, Hammerfall, Opeth, Katatonia etc).

With a new record deal in place and an awesome new album to boot, PATHOSRAY are ready to climb the next step on the Progressive Metal ladder. Bassist Fabio D'Amore commented: "We're all really happy and excited about the new album and the way how our sound evolved during these 2 years. The new recording deals, with Frontiers Records and Soundholic, will surely give "Sunless Skies" an extra value with the possibility to reach new fans and spreading our music in the best way possible! We're extremely pleased to have the possibility to work with such respectable companies, also thanks to the amazing job that Intromental Management is doing for us!"

In connection with the upcoming release, set for April 22 in Japan through Soundholic Records, and May 25 in Europe and June 9 in USA on Frontiers, PATHOSRAY has been confirmed to play ProgPower Scandinavia Festival (alongside Pretty Maids, Freak Kitchen, Mercenary and more) in Copenhagen, Denmark on September 25th, 2009.

"2009 couldn't have started better than this" said drummer Ivan Moni Bidin, "the excitement for the invitation to play at Prog Power Scandinavia in Denmark, with such big names, will give us the strength to keep improving and set up the best show possible!"

Final tracklisting of "Sunless Skies" includes:
Crown Of Thorns, Behind The Shadows, Aurora, Quantic Enigma, In Your Arms, Sons Of The Sunless Sky, The Coldest Lullaby, Perpetual Eclipse, Poltergeist, For The Last Time (bonus track - Europe/USA), Rainfall (bonus track - Japan).

--- --- ---

At www.pathosray.com you can listen to the new song "CROWN OF THORNS" and also listen to a medley of the upcoming album.

--- --- ---

Enjoy :)

c.

damn! just the first 30 seconds blew me away, and the whole song is amazing! Just this one song alone has all the qualities that got me into Pathosray from the first album. The Sunless Skies medley is quite promising, can't wait to hear the whole thing! Seems like it would be already safe to assume their sophomore release will be better than their first, which is awesome because sometimes that just doesn't happen.

Awesome new tunes coming from the Pathosray camp.
Really liked their performance at PP USA, and what do ya know, they're a cool bunch of guys to boot! Looking forward to their next cd, and hopefully a return to the US... :Smokin::headbang:

not a good thing!! :Smug:

I'd consider that a very good thing. But what I meant by the comparison, was the sound of the general riff. I'm not sure if it carries through more than that. Pathosray was one of the disappointments for me at last ProgPower, but this song seems like an improvement.

I'd consider that a very good thing. But what I meant by the comparison, was the sound of the general riff. I'm not sure if it carries through more than that. Pathosray was one of the disappointments for me at last ProgPower, but this song seems like an improvement.

I don't see the comparison to ZH? ZH is WAY more technical!

How did they disappoint you? I'm curious.......

I don't see the comparison to ZH? ZH is WAY more technical!

How did they disappoint you? I'm curious.......

I don't think anybody else will hear the comparison. But take away the technical aspects of ZH...

As for how they disappointed... honestly I thought they were sloppy. They didn't seem together at various points, the singer didn't seem to quite be hitting his notes. This interfered with my enjoyment of the actual songs and led me to believe that its a good band, but just wasn't a great show.

I hope that this still sounds like a big compliment, but I enjoy the new track way better than anything on the last album. I like the debut, but there wasn't much that kept me listening and listening, but I love the main riff from that new song, and it has stuck with me. Cool deal. I'll probably pick this one up when I have the money for it (probably not till I've saved up for ProgPower merch).

I'm with everyone on getting them back for another ProgPower.... it would totally kick ass to have them here again... yeah ok, I'm biased but still...

And I'm totally ready for the next disc - the medley gets better n' better every time I listen to it.... And I'm looking forward to hearing some of them on the new Fairyland...

I love these guys to death, they were great at PP, and awesome when I emailed them after, but ... man that website is horrible.

The new music, however, is heavy as fuck, and awesome! This, and new St. Deamon are on my list of must haves.