PATHOSRAY - new album, new labels, confirmed for PP Scan

I got my copy today - haven't listened to it yet but a big ol' thank you right back at 'em... PP last year with them was awesome... woah wait, I mean.. AMAZING!@! I'm really glad to see so many are enjoying it!!!

I'll be jammin' out to it on the way home...

We are Sons of the Sunless Skies...

I have to add that the production on this one is top notch. Finally someone knows how to get great bottom end without being muddy or distorted :kickass:

I never had the urge to skip to the next track on the debut. Even the short ballad "In Salicis Umbra" was killer. On the new one, the first half of the CD is very good, but it loses steam in the second half. There are a couple throw away tunes; Perpetual Eclipse and For the Last Time, and The Coldest Lullaby is mediocre at best. I also don't find any songs on the new one I like nearly as much as Faded Crystals and Scent of Snow.

All in all it's pretty decent, but not outstanding in my opinion.

I never had the urge to skip to the next track on the debut. Even the short ballad "In Salicis Umbra" was killer. On the new one, the first half of the CD is very good, but it loses steam in the second half. There are a couple throw away tunes; Perpetual Eclipse and For the Last Time, and The Coldest Lullaby is mediocre at best. I also don't find any songs on the new one I like nearly as much as Faded Crystals and Scent of Snow.

All in all it's pretty decent, but not outstanding in my opinion.

Interesting, I don't get the urge to skip any of the new tracks and enjoy how the songs flow. I think they definitely sound more polished and like I said before the production is miles ahead of the debut album.

How many times have you listened to it? It seems to get better with each spin, just like their first :headbang:

I really like the new Pathosray album. It's heavier than their first. But it still contains the greatness that marked their first release. I like it a lot.

Claus, the new Pathosray site looks fine to me. In fact, it's one of the best band sites I've seen in a long while. It's packed full of information. Lots of downloads and vid clips. The navigation is clear and clean and the graphic design is compelling.

I use a Mac and Firefox, though. Maybe it doesn't look the same with a PC and IE. I don't know.

Sunless Skies gets two thumbs -- and two big toes -- way up. Pathosray is the band to beat these days.

Yeah... it's hard to compare apples (Pathosray) to evil apples (Drudkh).

Plus, the new Novembers Doom might have something to say about that top spot. And who knows, the new Futures End is kicking my ass. Guess I'm a sucker for apostophe-less bands. o_O

Zod

You crack me up Zod :lol:

I've never heard Novembers Doom, should I give them a listen? Futures End will be awesome when I finally hear all the tunes. What I've heard is killer :headbang:

I've never heard Novembers Doom, should I give them a listen?
If you don't mind a Death Metal style of vocals, I would say definitely check them out. Even if your not a fan of that vocal style, Novembers Doom could be a gateway band for you. Paul Kuhr is one of the two or three best vocalists in his style. He actually enunciates much better than a lot of melodic Metal singers. The new disc is very strong and represents some of their finest, most mature work... start there.

Zod

November's Doom is a great band. I wish I could've caught them when they toured last. I heard they put on an awesome show.

Also, their latest album is pretty good!!

If you don't mind a Death Metal style of vocals, I would say definitely check them out. Even if your not a fan of that vocal style, Novembers Doom could be a gateway band for you. Paul Kuhr is one of the two or three best vocalists in his style. He actually enunciates much better than a lot of melodic Metal singers. The new disc is very strong and represents some of their finest, most mature work... start there.

Zod

I love Opeth but I'm not a huge fan of Death vocals. I just listened to a few tunes and they do sound better than most other bands in this genre. Doom metal has a very depressing tone to it, I kinda like music that makes me feel happy. I think I might want to kill someone if I listened to this stuff too long :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love Opeth but I'm not a huge fan of Death vocals. I just listened to a few tunes and they do sound better than most other bands in this genre. Doom metal has a very depressing tone to it, I kinda like music that makes me feel happy. I think I might want to kill someone if I listened to this stuff too long :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uh.. why d'ya think they call it doom? :lol: