Pax anyone

Hello mate. Sammi has gone out on a hen night, and left me on me tod. So I know how your feeling!

Haven't bought those Joy Division albums yet. I have been listening to Holocaust over the last few days, do you like them? That band have got so many great songs, they are well underrated. Or maybe they arn't?! Because if you listen to their live stuff, it can be a bit ropey. And basically the 'singer' can't sing! But if you had a better singer, the songs wouldn't have the same appeal, in my opinion. But I like them anyway, and I'm gutted that I never ever saw them live.

Yeah i do like holocaust.I got them mixed up eith Blitzkrieg on an other thread.Did they(holocaust ) ever release an album and wasn it any good.I am sure i have one of there singles knocking about somewhere.

WILKS said:
Yeah i do like holocaust.I got them mixed up eith Blitzkrieg on an other thread.Did they(holocaust ) ever release an album and wasn it any good.I am sure i have one of there singles knocking about somewhere.

I had a bit of a chat to Wilks on the phone last night, and we talked about Holocaust. But just in case anyone else wants to know -

Yes Holocaust do have an album out, in fact they have quite a few. As far as I know, Holocaust are still going, but it is not the Holocaust as we know it. It is just John Mortimer (one of the guitarists), who plays guitar and sings now. And the type of music they play now is as far removed from what Holocaust used to play as you can get. So basically it is just John Mortimer doing his own thing, but using the name of Holocaust. Which is a bit naughty in my opinion.

Anyway, the 'proper' Holocaust only made one studio album, 'The Nightcomers'. This is a fantastic album. If you haven't got it, then you should! They have a live cd out, 'Hot Curry and Wine', which is very raw but has some great songs on it. They released 'No Mans Land', but this is with John Mortimer on vocals, and I'm not sure if any of the other original band members are on this album. Then as far as I know, Holocaust split up. Then John Mortimer reformed his own version of Holocaust about five years later, and they have been releasing various non sounding Holocaust albums ever since.

There, that is your Holocaust lesson for today. Hope you enjoyed it! :lol:

PS. It was good chatting to you last night Wilks. And don't worry, your secret about the 'Destiny' album is safe with me! :lol: