PC (XP) won't recognise Digi002rack!?

vespiz

Mixing!
Feb 15, 2007
Tampere, Finland
metalmixing.com
Hey

Our pc bit the dust and we decided to upgrade it instead of changing the motherboard. The shop put the old XP and HDs in there, just swapped hardware "around" it.
It worked nearly flawlessly for 4 years and now it just won't recognise the 002.
No, it's not the power-harness problem, this is confirmed with the serial number and the fact that it works on our friends' mac we got to loan.
The FW ports are the old ones from before the upgrade (PCI, IIRC..)

I tried to re-install 002 drivers (Digidriver.exe), but it won't let me! (*bleep* "Use path .. blah blah")
Then I tried to install PT but if the 002 is connected to the PC, it won't boot XP, just gives me a black screen or gets stuck in the Windows logo.

WinXP (sp3) running PT 7.1
Asus M4A87TD EVO
AMD Phenom II x4 970
4 Gt KIT DDR3 1333 MHz Kingston
Xilence ATX Silent 550W

Right now I'm thinking that there's a conflict with something taking up the FW ports. But what? What do I have to check?

I know the XP is getting old, but we don't have the money or the time to update to Win7 + PT9 right this minute and we have sessions coming and going!

Er.. please help? :oops:

No blue screen and no visible conflicts in device manager. The 1394 light on the 002 won't light up and PT keeps asking for the Digidesign hardware.
Maybe there is something wrong with the card. I forgot to check with an external FW HD if that works, because I was so pissed off! :)

Thanks!