Peavey Classic Poweramps

if6was9

Ireland
Jun 13, 2007
lreland
I've been keeping my eye on local classified sites for a good few months now for decent tube poweramps since I've a good few pres and would like more options with them. I've a Marshall el34 stereo 100/100 poweramp that I really like but it's my brothers( we play together in a band) so I'd like my own.

A mono Peavey classic series 60 watter loaded with new 6l6's just came up for 250euro and looks old but works.

How are these? Anyone got any experience with them? Do they sound good and does it last? How would it compare to the Marshall and the likes of Mesa?

I don't want something that doesn't sound great as I'm gonna use it recording alot aswell as live and I've already got a crappy SS poweramp that works but doesn't sound great so don't want to add another poweramp to the pile for the sake of it.

Anyone else? I'm after putting an offer on it anyways but I'd like to know a bit more about it before I take the plunge

great things. i am selling mine for 350 euro if you are interested. (don´t need it anymore as i am playing direct in in-ear through the axe fx).

Loud, tubey, heavy as shit, resonance and presence controls are cool.

Had mine for like 3 years and never changed the tubes lol never had a problem