Poweramp without a cab?

Leon--

Apr 17, 2009
London
I'm new to poweramps and i just got a used peavey 60/60 to use it with my guitar preamp.So because i don't have a cab at the moment i want to know the following:
Will i damage the poweramp if i connect it straight to the interface from the DI output(preamp-poweramp-interface)?
Of course i record direct with the preamp,just wanted to know if this is possible to use the poweramp until i buy a new cab
Cheers.

Since it's a tube power amp. If you run it without a load on the output transformer you will kill it. You'll need a load box with a lineout if you want to record preamp-poweramp-(loadbox)-interface.

Torpedo, Weber MASS, etc.. all have that capability.

Don't plug your poweramp into your interface, it's likely you'll kill them both.
Poweramps are for amplifying the signal to the point where it can drive a big heavy speaker at volume. Not for plugging into your interface.

Use your preamp into the interface for recording just now, and once you've got a cab you can get into mic'ing things up.

You need a cab, no point in having a poweramp without a cab really. Sure you can use a load box but it's not going to help your tone if you still have to use impulses with it