Free Mesa Rectifier Impulses - 3 poweramps and 2 mics!

Trevoire520

Mar 24, 2007
Fife, Scotland
Hey guys, been messing around making some impulses this week and figured you might like to hear the results!

Here's all the details:

Mesa Rectifier 4x12" Cab (bottom left speaker, cab was standing on another couple of cabs to stop floor reflections)

Audix I5 and SM57 mic's. SM57 on the edge of the dustcap and the I5 just outside of it. Mic pre is a Mackie Onyx 800R set at 300 ohms.

6L6 is a 6505 poweramp
EL34 is a Windsor poweramp
EL84 is a Orange TH30 poweramp.

24 bit 44.1kHz

Thanks again to Unicorn for deconvolving these for me!

Here are the impulses!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1949675/Travis Mesa Impulses 2.zip

If you end up using them in a mix then please let me hear it. Hope they're useful to someone.

Not quite sure how I'd go about doing that to be honest. Does anyone here know if it's just a case of sample rate converting the impulse files or what?

The conversion utility need a 48Khz wav impulse to generate an axefx compatible impulse (and 1024 samples length).
It's a little time consuming because you have to start a 48Khz session and export the 1024smp file.... I was just joking ;)

i converted them with Voxengo - r8brain for the axe fx, which ive used for other irs that were 44 in the past and it always turns out perfect. these sound really good thanks!

judging by Mattayus quick mix these guitars sound amazing..sorry for the noob question, but how do i use these files?

Use an impulse loader (you'll probably have an impulse reverb in your DAW, I'm using TL Space in Pro Tools) after your amp sim and load one of the impulse files. Make sure to swtich off the cabinet simulator in your amp sim.

Really glad you guys are liking them! :)