Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w... opinions?

Would you guys recommend this for jamming/laying down tracks at all?

I need a nice small amp, and was considering something like the Blackheart 5w head with a 1x12 or 2x12. I normally use ampsims for hi gain or use a friend's 6505+ as I don't normally do too much hi-gain stuff on my own nowadays. But I heard a kid jamming on the 30w version at a local shop, and I have to say I really dug the sound and thought it might be a better option than ampsims, and I'd get some decent "just barely broken up" cleans out of it.

I've got 2 small kids and a tiny room to record in, so that comes into the consideration as well :)

If you dont wanne use it live, get the Vypyr 30. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1283560/sotot.mp3, Reamped at my living room at the most low volume with still acceptable output. I live in a appartment, so i cant crank it up. Left side is XXX, right one K-stein. Cant remember what mic i used, Sennheisser E606 or t.Bone ms57 clone. Was trying to reamp for the first time and been trying both mics.

Ok, so i've been meaning to post a clip for a LONNNGGGGG time, but my PC setup was complete and utter shit to be honest.

I just got everything setup on my new MAC and I just recorded a very quick test clip w/ my Peavey Vypyr Tube 60. I dual tracked the guitars and added a touch of reverb to the 2nd track. Just used 6150 amp mod, sm57, and used my ltd mh-400nt w/ 81/81 EMG's.

Sorry for the sloppy playing. No click or drum track, just testing tone. Just raw guitar messing around making this up as I go. LOL.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5218029/New%203-8-2010.mp3

This amp sounds really really good for it being amp mods. It's definitely better than a Line 6, but not quite as good as a real tube amp. If you're on a budget for under $500.... this amp is definitely the way to go if you need somewhat of a tube feel + amp mods + effects. I just picked up a POD and a 5150 combo, so I tend to use that more nowadays :)

I bought the 120 watt model and Sanpera II model for crimbo and its an amazing amp, my guitar playing increased tenfold after a few days and the choice of amps ensures you will find your ideal practice tone, i haven't used the interface yet cause I use amp sims and as to date I've heard never update past 1.55 otherwise your amp will become unstable, the new updates are only in the beta versions and their causing problem galore on the peavey forums,
all new vypyrs will be version 1.55 anyway so you don't need to worry.

I just went to the local shop to check them out, they had none.

But they did have a crapload of Line 6 gear. :puke:

The manager said all of the Vypyr models been flying out the door while the Line 6 and Cube amps just sit there.