Peavey Vypyr upgrade?

Beezerk

New Metal Member
Mar 31, 2012
Hi all, newbie here.
I currently have a Peavey Vypyr 75W which I really like (lots of good variance on the amp) however I'm wondering if there is a better amp in the market without breaking the bank? (under (£200 second hand).
I'm actually a drummer who plays guitar for fun and I bought the Vypyr for the usb record out but this turned out to be a noisy peace of crap, shame as the sound I got (if it was crackle free) was very nice.
I've obviously discovered 75W is far too much for me, I only use it for practice and recording in the house so the volume never gets above 2 however it was a bargain so I had to get it ;)

I suppose I'm after the heaviest sound possible, I'm into Pantera, Eyehategod, The Haunted, Slayer etc etc, anything heavy really :headbang:
I play a Dean ML FBD Tribute which I adore, I actually bought one after I played a friends, I also use a Big Muff for sludge, a Zakk Wylde overdrive pedal and Crybaby Wah (Zakk Wylde modded) now and again.

So, should I be happy with what I have or are there other options out there?
I did have a scoot on the Ultimate Guitar forum but the feeling I get over there is "if it ain't a tube amp it's $hit" lol