new peavey vypyr 120 tube head

So it was your whole hand that was crushed not just that finger? Ouch!! Looks bloody awful, can't imagine what it must have looked like at the time of the....how do air con unit? ¯\(°_o)/¯ *bang*

The most damage was done to the index finger. When the unit fell, it caught the finger between it and a piece of 2" black iron pipe. The rest of the hand was badly bruised and some smashed tendons but overall not as bad as the finger. They had to do emergency reconstructive surgery on it. I still probably won't ever gain back 100% mobilty. But I'm already at 60%.

Have you considered trying to learn lefty guitar? I feel like I'd rather re-learn the instrument with a working fretting hand than try to force it with less than 100% capacity on my index...

The cool thing is, my surgeon and OT are writing a journal on my case that should be published by the end of the year. They have never had an injury to a finger this bad and been able to "save" the finger, let alone have the kind of recovery that I've had. I consider myself blessed every day that its still attached and I can use it. So my glass is half full at this point. I am happy at this point that I can even pick up my guitar.:headbang:

Mine is at:

Red Channel

Pre Gain: 1 o'clock
Low: 1 o'clock
mid: 10 o'clock
High: 10 o'clock
post gain: to taste
Power sponge @ 50%

no tube screamer