peccatum

Jun 19, 2006
i just recently discovered this band the other day , it features isahn , his wife and his bro, really dark melodic stuff, highly recommend for fans of opeth, arcturus and ulver

http://www.myspace.com/peccatum

from what i understand only lost in reveries and their latest EP is in the vein what they are doing now

any fans on UM?

I'm liking it very much from the MySpace tracks...has a gothic industrial feel to it... which I'm into... and nice heavy bits...good riffs...and I like chick singers mixed with male growl vocals..liked the first one the best..thanks for the heads up!!!!

I have not heard the newest releases but the earlier ones are quite horrible. I wouldn't bother with those.

Ive listened to this band since they formed and since their first ep, but some elements of this band really bug me. I think the singing is really annoying, I prefer Emperor and wish they would get back together to record another album.

Lost in a Reverie is quite awesome. Their first album had some nice moments aswell but was a tad messy. Havent head their other albums though.

Wow...the more I listen to those 3 tracks...the more I'm liking it!!!! I think the vocals are awesome...the symphonic parts add a nice touch too!!!

Lost in Reverie is a pretty good album and worth checking out.
I've listened to the other albums and other than a few interesting tidbits here and there they're not so great.

Hmm, on the contrary I hated Amor Fati and ditched it as soon as I could. I'm very hesitant to check out the newer material.

Maybe this isn't entirely accurate to some, but it kind of reminded me of what Prometheus would sound like if you removed all the fast/heavy parts and added in some female vocals... and I thought Prometheus was terrible was well.

I actually quite like Prometheus, but yes, I agree, older Peccatum takes all of the worst traits of later day Emperor (and Isahn's solo record) without any of the good ones. Pretentious tripe.

Star of Ash is alright. I could never get past that one vocal line where she goes "I yearn to vomit my heart all over you" though. I mean, just uh... no.

Star of Ash is alright. I could never get past that one vocal line where she goes "I yearn to vomit my heart all over you" though. I mean, just uh... no.
That's actually a very creative and thought provoking line. I like that song and the whole album. Ihriel does admit that half of her lyrics are nonsense, but some of her themes, lyrical and musical, are really interesting to me.

The first song on the Peccatum myspace is a poor choice. It's the weakest song on the album, and not a great representation of the band.

I like the first song on the MySpace sight alot and to me it gem of find of why I frequent this sight...I'd like to elaborate more later but I'm beat right now...tomorrow I'd like to continue the discussion

I thought Amor Fati is the best one followed by Strangling from within, Lost in Reverie was not my cup of tea. Ihriel sounds eerie on SFW, her out of key singing parts makes the music feel dark and strange, something truly unique.