pedalboard or amp?

nunofrg

Dec 23, 2009
hey guys whats up

im about to buy something that i could upgrade my sound at home and be also equipped to play live. now i play a lot at home and i dont have a band so

well the pedalboard is a pod x3 live

the 3 amps are peavey 6505 combo, peavey vypyr 60 tube or line6 spider valve 212.

- pod x3 live is good, has lots of stuff i can choose from and with it wherever i go ill have a good sound that i want. and btw is more portable, less heavier and smaller than the amps, which is a great thing to me to carry around on gigs and jams.

- the peavey 6505 combo is the best sound of these all. but the gigantic size of it, the 30kg and the fact i cant play much of it at home and i still dont have a band makes no much sense to have it now.

- the peavey vypyr 60 tube and the line6 spider valve 212 are a mix of the 6505 and the pedalboard represent, which is a good thing. they are way smaller than the 6505, better sounding than the pedalboard, very possible to play at home and in gigs.

with this i think the pedalboard and the modeling/tube amps are the best things to me right now. but the amps sound better are perhaps are a better thing, but in second hand the pedalboard is a cool thing to have and has so much stuff that could be useful to me which the amps dont have. though i could later buy a pedalboard for the amp.

another thing that makes me thing is: why connect a pedalboard that sounds worse than the amp to the amp? it is only going to ruin/make the sound worse. i dont see the point. so buying an amp should be a "for the future" decision, like i could have it for the next 15 years and the pedalboard maybe not until i buy a better amp.

so i just cant figure out what to do. i know this is a children of bodom forum and i must say i started playing because of alexi and he is my main influence, but i really dont know where else to ask this. what do you guys think i should do? i appreciate your help!!!:headbang:

I think you made the right choice. You can always sell the pod later when you're ready to buy the 6505 (or whatever amp you choose). I'm all for the accessibility/convenience factor in a situation like this where you don't need as big of a sound to play in a band with.