Karl's guitar rig...

Just an observation after watching The Peel & Mr Kyps gigs... it seemed to me that although he had a pedalboard on stage, Karl seemed to have some kind of automatic or remote switching system for the different guitar amp channels/sounds.
Was I seeing things? Anybody know his set-up?

Just out of interest :)

There was a piece on the site when Karl's Rocktron endorsement was announced, which I think gave details - can't find it now. Anyway, I had a butchers on Friday and it's one of their rackmount preamps, tho' I couldn't tell you which one.

I'm sure somebody has a better answer than that...

I am currently using the Rocktron Prophesy II preamp in my setup. A nice young man called Johanne is changing almost all the sounds for Pete and I during the show via midi now! It beats having to find a pedal board in the dark and being tied to one area of the stage. I still have a board on stage as backup. Thanks to Toby who is our new guitar tech as well. He makes life a lot easier.

I am currently using the Rocktron Prophesy II preamp in my setup. A nice young man called Johanne is changing almost all the sounds for Pete and I during the show via midi now! It beats having to find a pedal board in the dark and being tied to one area of the stage. I still have a board on stage as backup. Thanks to Toby who is our new guitar tech as well. He makes life a lot easier.

Thanks for the reply Karl... had me going for a while, you were the other side of the stage from your rig and you switched sounds , I thought how did he do that!!
Cool, I bet that must free you up no end on stage, I thought you were all moving around pretty well.

Cheers!