'Peel' - Hard ROCK Song (SoloC new version, BFD, DFH)

ItsAFugazzi

boat is boat.
Jun 4, 2008
North East, UK.
www.myspace.com
This is a new one I've just finished right this minute.

Believe it or not this song didn't exist at ALL before like 4pm on Monday. So it's still only just over 2 days old. It has to be the quickest & smoothest experience I've EVER had writing, recording & mixing a song :D

The vocals are pretty much totally improvised. I just said to my bro "HIT RECORD!"... I didn't think up lyrics - to get me started I just stole a myspace comment that said "it's up to you to make" I just added "this something", pressed record, sang it. There was the first line done. Though that is now the second line (I think). I also only recorded like two-four takes for each line which is fucking crazy for me, I normally do loads but I was just "on" I guess :)

Anywho - would love to hear both your thoughts on the music & the mix it's self... The mix I think is a bit unique so would love to hear what you guys think of it.

Peel - Dropbox.

Peel - Soundclick.

Cheers,

- Rick.

Man, I always look forward to new music from you! You're probably sick of the Layne Stanley comparisons, but this one even has an old Soundgarden vibe which is nice man!
Keep up the great work - I love your stuff!

If somebody has the vibe, there is nothing that speaks against letting it flow through.
Not to forget a brother that does some cool mixing.
cool :):kickass:

Man, I always look forward to new music from you! You're probably sick of the Layne Stanley comparisons, but this one even has an old Soundgarden vibe which is nice man!
Keep up the great work - I love your stuff!

I tried my hardesdestest to not sound like Alice in Chains on this one, lol... Now I get sounds like Soungarden...... Both comparisons are always flattering though! So thanks :) I'm glad you liked it. p.s - Soundgarden were part of the inspiration of this song. I originally wanted to write something similar to Jesus Christ Pose but I couldn't come up with anything. What ended up was some sort of backwards chromatic version of Pantera's 'A New Level' not exactly but without the drums it has a similar vibe...

I actually recorded that one riff and walked out the room & said "fuck it, i cant come up with anything".. then I heard my bro playing it back.. I was like "that sounds badass" :)

If somebody has the vibe, there is nothing that speaks against letting it flow through.
Not to forget a brother that does some cool mixing.
cool :):kickass:

He certainly does do some cool mixing. Cheers! :headbang:

wow, that's really impressive o_0 i'd say a smidge more presence/drive on the bass would make it 100% for me. and maybe i'm being a nitpicker but i'd say the rhythm guitars could contend a little better with the drums (slightly louder guitar) as long as it doesn't disrupt the vox. drums themselves sound huge punchy and perfect.

wow, that's really impressive o_0 i'd say a smidge more presence/drive on the bass would make it 100% for me. and maybe i'm being a nitpicker but i'd say the rhythm guitars could contend a little better with the drums (slightly louder guitar) as long as it doesn't disrupt the vox. drums themselves sound huge punchy and perfect.

Hey thanks for listening :)

As far as turning the high end on the bass up - we did try that, it sounded a bit too clunky... Also I think the reason the drums are so good is because the guitars do not interfere with them - you turn the guitars up there is less space for the drums. It's like the Black Album - the guitars are really quiet compared to the drums yet overall the mix sounds HUGE. Something I think has been lost today... People always try and make the guitars sound huge - when in my opinion the only way to make them sound huge is to have them quiet. Odd? YES, haha :p and counter intuitive too! lol - It's my theory anyways. Something I'm wanting to test more.