'Moths' - New Hard Rock/Metal Song (SoloC, BFD)

ItsAFugazzi

boat is boat.
Jun 4, 2008
North East, UK.
www.myspace.com
This track is a funny'n. It's an old song, it was up on my Soundclick titled 'Flies to Shit & a Moth to Flame'. I mixed it myself (poorly) and was never really happy with the song, neither was my bro.

So since i've been unable to sing for just over a month I reaaaaally wanted to create something new but didn't see the point if I couldn't record vocals. So I decided to take my vocals from Flies to Shit and make a new track around them, something I'd be proud of and dig playing.

The vocal performance is not my best & I know I could do sooo much better but if I couldn't sing this song wouldn't ever have existed, haha :p

Would love to hear your thoughts on both the song and mix.

Moths Dropbox

Moths Soundclick

Cheers,

- Rick.

mothsguitar.jpg

Guitar 1 & 2 panned to 100 left and 100 right, guitars 3 & 4 panned to 90 left and 90 right. Bit of eq on them to make em a bit brighter overall. Recorded into a DI with a Boss SD1 pedal infront, level 50, tone 50, drive 0.

Normally have guitars 3 & 4 quieter than the main two guitars but for this track all were about equal.

Also, used Nebula for cab simulation.

I think that's about it.

Sounds great :kickass: I think the snare sound could use some improvement. I really like the vocals, you have a great voice!

Yeah, i think the snare could use a tad more low end in it.. something to beef it up a bit. But the one thing I'm happy about with it is that it cuts through & that is exactly what I wanted. We literally mixed this entire thing in 3 hours so it could use more work but seeing as the vocals are from an old track and I feel it's best to not spend too much time on something old & not up to the standard I could do now (singing wise).

Love the song and your vocals dude- excellent stuff.
This kind of vibe is missing today, great job !

Yeah, I totally agree. There is a void in hard rock these days man, no quality bands about. I would say Down are the only decent hard rock band out there flying the flag for hard rock.