people not into hardcore yet watch this : TERROR August 9th 2012 live set

White people are so cool sometimes.

thats-racist.gif

Looks like a crowd of angry homosexuals to me. :lol: Way to much testosterone for me. Wouldn't go near it.

Pretty much this.

I mean, moshing is one thing (still kinda gay in my opinion) but to me, stage diving and all that crap... it's just not what music is about. I'd much rather go to a SunnO))) show, lie down on the floor, and shit myself.

Since this thread kinda derailed into fights at shows and stuff, you might wanna read this awesome way of handling a fight during a show :) :

"G- For sure, man. So 2 more questions and then you can go to band practice (Freya plays the next day.) Hardcore has always had its share of confrontational fans, security, and occasional fights between band members, fans and venues. I know V.S. has only played about 3 shows at this point, so you haven’t had to see any of that yet. But definitely in your previous bands, there have been some well-known occurrences that happened, and I just want to know what do you do when there is an issue with the fans/crowd/security?

K- (...) I don’t think anyone ever handled it better than VOD. We toured with them a few years back, and when a fight would break out in the pit, they would play the Rocky theme. (...) It would change it to something that seemed absurd."

taken from this interview : http://livehighfive.com/2012/09/10/...ent-serenade-playing-east-coast-tsunami-fest/

This embodies pretty much everything I hate about hardcore, I don't mind the music but the attitudes of the fans and the bands are fucking ridiculous

The fucking fans think they can just come in a venue and run the place, trash shit and throw fists in the pit and jump everywhere.

The last hardcore show we had at my venue there were so many fights in the pit, and security couldn't even do anything about it because they tried to stop them and the "hardcore crews" kept ganging up on security to keep them from stopping the fights. Fucking ridiculous stuff.

I have absolutely no respect for these type of people because they have absolutely no respect for the venues that hold their shows.

my thoughts EXACTLY, and even more... even though "hardcore is more than music" I acctualy believe it's far less. I view it more like some fucked up kind of competition where people don't care much about the band playing, and just want to do the most stagedives and get on top of other people's heads - nothing else counts. Irritating.

my thoughts EXACTLY, and even more... even though "hardcore is more than music" I acctualy believe it's far less. I view it more like some fucked up kind of competition where people don't care much about the band playing, and just want to do the most stagedives and get on top of other people's heads - nothing else counts. Irritating.

once again you could say the same for metal shows where some are in it for the music and some other just wanna get drunk and act all viking and shit and show off their new "thrash revival vest"

one could even say "look at those guys headbanging all the time and not even listening to the music"

same circus different clowns

when i listen to "hardcore" bands at home i don't see any douchebag stomping on people's heads in my living room, i just hear killer music (same as i do when i listen to metal bands or music in general)

My initial post was about the music and how it makes you feel like (good in my case), not about the "scene" and the douchebags in it.

once again you could say the same for metal shows where some are in it for the music and some other just wanna get drunk and act all viking and shit and show off their new "thrash revival vest"

one could even say "look at those guys headbanging all the time and not even listening to the music"

same circus different clowns

when i listen to "hardcore" bands at home i don't see any douchebag stomping on people's heads in my living room, i just hear killer music (same as i do when i listen to metal bands or music in general)

My initial post was about the music and how it makes you feel like (good in my case), not about the "scene" and the douchebags in it.

Yeah, I agree, but i'm still holding my opinion that the douchebag ratio at a HC show is simply higher then other music genere's

If we're talking about the music strictly, I really do like some hardcore bands (and terror is among them)

Yeah, I agree, but i'm still holding my opinion that the douchebag ratio at a HC show is simply higher then other music genere's

If we're talking about the music strictly, I really do like some hardcore bands (and terror is among them)

alright

i think that ratio might be high now because hardcore is kind of trendy these days

I hate the metallic hardcore mentality, a bunch of over testosteroned cunts that want to get into a fight. Hate moshing, kicking, purposely trying to fuck people up, it's all fucking stupid and it's even dumber that a bunch of 40 year olds on stage are preaching it.

If you watch Bane's set, they're completely respectful of everyone, and talk about how you aren't supposed to be hating each other, that's the hardcore I like(although it seems that it's more of a hardcore punk mentality as opposed to that almost-thrash-metal-harcore.)

I did watch this yesterday though, funny that you posted it.

I hate the metallic hardcore mentality, a bunch of over testosteroned cunts that want to get into a fight. Hate moshing, kicking, purposely trying to fuck people up, it's all fucking stupid and it's even dumber that a bunch of 40 year olds on stage are preaching it.

If you watch Bane's set, they're completely respectful of everyone, and talk about how you aren't supposed to be hating each other, that's the hardcore I like(although it seems that it's more of a hardcore punk mentality as opposed to that almost-thrash-metal-harcore.)

I did watch this yesterday though, funny that you posted it.

Just watched the beginning of the BANE set and saw the same mess than on the TERROR set... (ok a bit different actually : more non-stop stage diving and less head stomping and moshing).
Also, TERROR's music is way more brutal than BANE's anyway, it's like saying the crowd is much more respectful during a SLAYER show than during an OPETH show basically :)
And if you listen to what the guys in TERROR, MADBALL, EARTH CRISIS, MERAUDER or other big metallic hardcore bands say live, they're about having fun and not purposely fighting.

EDIT : BANE's screaming vocals sound a lot like UNEARTH's !!!

Just watched the beginning of the BANE set and saw the same mess than on the TERROR set... (ok a bit different actually : more non-stop stage diving and less head stomping and moshing).
Also, TERROR's music is way more brutal than BANE's anyway, it's like saying the crowd is much more respectful during a SLAYER show than during an OPETH show basically :)
And if you listen to what the guys in TERROR, MADBALL, EARTH CRISIS, MERAUDER or other big metallic hardcore bands say live, they're about having fun and not purposely fighting.

EDIT : BANE's screaming vocals sound a lot like UNEARTH's !!!

I don't care about stage diving, I'm talking about swinging arms in the mosh pit and bands promoting violence to people who are NOT INTERESTED IN BEING A PART OF THAT. A lot of bands are like that. I doubt Earth Crisis and Madball are into promoting violence like that, but a lot of meatheads try to kill to beatdowns, and it's really stupid. I've been to a metallic hardcore show once, and I was hit in the face because I was standing still and watching the bands. It's just dumb, hence why I mainly stick to the hardcore punk side.

God I'm thankful that I play doom metal. :) I can see why some people would get a real kick from a show like that, it probably allows you let off some steam. But I personally can't stand people behaving like that at shows. I've been to a few shows(especially at festivals) where there are a few coked up assholes running riot, making it impossible to just enjoy the fucking music.

I don't care about stage diving, I'm talking about swinging arms in the mosh pit and bands promoting violence to people who are NOT INTERESTED IN BEING A PART OF THAT. A lot of bands are like that. I doubt Earth Crisis and Madball are into promoting violence like that, but a lot of meatheads try to kill to beatdowns, and it's really stupid. I've been to a metallic hardcore show once, and I was hit in the face because I was standing still and watching the bands. It's just dumb, hence why I mainly stick to the hardcore punk side.

Then you're talking about the few assholes in the pit everyone (including me) hates.
I'd be curious to know which bands you consider to really promote violence. Besides GG Allin (dead now) and GG Allin fanboys like Kickback who both seem like real psychopaths i don't know of any band who seem to promote violence FOR REAL.

I honestly think that it has more to do with the fact that all the BR00T4L deathcore/metalcore kids are following the current trend, which is "true" hardcore. They come into these shows being the same people and try to be annoying as possible. Here's the video that should have been in the OP, no retards moshing, only stage dives, and the whole crowd getting into it.

http://player.vimeo.com/video/48886235

I honestly think that it has more to do with the fact that all the BR00T4L deathcore/metalcore kids are following the current trend, which is "true" hardcore. They come into these shows being the same people and try to be annoying as possible. Here's the video that should have been in the OP, no retards moshing, only stage dives, and the whole crowd getting into it.

http://player.vimeo.com/video/48886235

i feel you but comparing Gorilla Biscuits and Terror is kinda like comparing Iron Maiden and Slayer :)

EDIT : killer GxB video anyway !