People staying at Techwood...

Good question. Looking at Google Maps, the best way to get to Center Stage is to go up to 17th Street and cross over the freeway there (since the 14th street bridge is temporarily missing from action). Then go a couple of blocks and turn left on Peachtree where the venue is.

Doors open at 6:30 for the "regular folks". I want to be there fairly early to get a good place in line. So maybe 5:30 or so. I'll talk to my friend SkiBumMSP about that tonight.

Cool.Being as this is my first Progpower and also my buddy's first one we would feel better walking with a group that knows how to get there the easiest way if you don't mind 2 tagalongs.

at what part of techwood drive are you guys staying? I live on 10th street, and the more people I could find to walk back with after the shows, the more comfortable I'd feel (I lived in Brussels for too long, I just don't dare to walk on the street at night on my own).

The hotel is on Techwood drive just before you get to 14th street. It would have been easier to cross over on the 14th street bridge, but right now (from what I've read) that due to construction you can't do that right now. The only two bridges you can use are at 10th and 17th streets. So we'd use 17th street to and from Center Stage, since going down to 10th and then back up to 14th street doesn't make much sense.

Diamond45,you said you wanted to get there around 5:30 to get a good place in line.My tickets say General Admission so should I be concerned about the line or are you talking about a different line?
(Sorry if this is a stupid question,but like I said,this is my first ProgPower)

Diamond45,you said you wanted to get there around 5:30 to get a good place in line.My tickets say General Admission so should I be concerned about the line or are you talking about a different line?
(Sorry if this is a stupid question,but like I said,this is my first ProgPower)

There are two classes of people - regular folks (like us) and Gold Badge holders. Gold Badge holders can get there early, while us peons get in at the regular time. The doors open at 6:30, so I'd figure leave around 5:30 or so to get a good place in line (probably 20-30 minute walk).

Here's the schedule for Thursday from the PP website:

Gold Badges 6:00 PM
Regular Tickets 6:30 PM
Showtime 7:00 PM

Friday and Saturday:

Gold Badges 2:00 PM
Regular Tickets 3:00 PM
first band on stage 4:00 PM

I'll ask my friend what would be the best time to leave. PM me your cell #.

Like someone else said, there will be others who are staying there since we got the good deal at that hotel (thanks to MetalRose!)

i'll be arriving on Thursday 10:10 at the airport. i think i'll join you guys to walk over to the center stage.

cheers

Here's directions. Take a right on 14th outside of the hotel, another right on Fowler, walk to 17th take a right, cross the highway, cross spring street, take a left on W. Peachtree St. and its right there ;)

The reason to go to Fowler instead of Techwood is because Techwood is all chopped up and close due to construction.

Here's directions. Take a right on 14th outside of the hotel, another right on Fowler, walk to 17th take a right, cross the highway, cross spring street, take a left on W. Peachtree St. and its right there ;)

The reason to go to Fowler instead of Techwood is because Techwood is all chopped up and close due to construction.

Thanks. Fowler is parallel to Techwood. Good call! :)

It's actually not this simple... You can't go from fowler to 17th unless you can fly.

I took a left on 16th, took the next right (sorry, donno the name), then right on 17th. There's theoretically stairs that accomplish the same, but I don't know how to get to them.

Wonderful fun to figure out 30 mins before the show!

It's actually not this simple... You can't go from fowler to 17th unless you can fly.

I took a left on 16th, took the next right (sorry, donno the name), then right on 17th. There's theoretically stairs that accomplish the same, but I don't know how to get to them.

Wonderful fun to figure out 30 mins before the show!

I think its Barnes. I thought so, but when I looked at the map today the roads were connected. So yeah you can go one block past Fowler to Barnes then.

The hotel is on Techwood drive just before you get to 14th street. It would have been easier to cross over on the 14th street bridge, but right now (from what I've read) that due to construction you can't do that right now. The only two bridges you can use are at 10th and 17th streets. So we'd use 17th street to and from Center Stage, since going down to 10th and then back up to 14th street doesn't make much sense.

It looks to me that the 14th st bridge is working. there is construction on techwood dr, tho, so I don't know if there's an easy way to get to the bridge. I took the MARTA to Midtown and took the 10th st bridge across. techwood is walkable up to the marriott and no more.

I'm in room 509. gonna take a quick nap, maybe, and definitely a shower (was flying from SFO via DFW all night, so yeah... :)). but if you wanna say hi, knock and maybe I'll answer. or maybe I'll hang out in the lobby.