Permanent power for active pickup?

rjdelaossa

Pure American Metal
May 20, 2008
I got an EMG-707, tryin to see if there is anyway to get a permanent power source to hook up without too much nosie or ruining the pickup? I've tried it by using my effects pedal and just getting the + and - matched up but there was way too much feedback and noise... pickup still growls with anger:headbang: but im bout tired of buying batteries tryin to find a better alternative, any ideas?

How often do you change the battery?

I've had an EMG equipped guitar for nearly four years and I'm still using the same battery. That said, I barely ever use it and don't really like the tone of those pickups anymore. Just doing things like making sure you unplug the jack plug when you're not using the guitar will make a difference.

I change my batteries once a year. Is it really that big of a deal?

I mean, you should be doing a set up twice annually anyway, once in the winter and once in the summer. I check intonation, action, neck bow, etc. And every other time I oil my fretboard and replace the batteries.

Well i'm just really lookin for a consistent tone, i notice the difference everytime i put a new battery in, i wait until i just sounds muddy to change them i like the crisp clean sound of a new battery, thats what im going for, because of my 7th string doesnt like to ring out when the battery gets worn past a certain point of usage. If you guys havent changed them out for at least a year then i'll just keep the battery and not mess with it, but the whole purpose of me asking this is to possibly i get 100% sound all the time.