Personal headphones for loud situations

J the TyranT

Thats just how it is...
Dec 14, 2001
LV
I know this has been covered, but I've got a more specific couple of questions...

Im headed back to NY for awhile so I just finally bought a fuckin iPod and I know Im gonna need a set of `phones.

So, I want something loud enough Ill be able to hear over all the "ambient" street noise, but I dont know if I want so much noise canceling that I cant hear shit going on around me... you know, it being such a busy place and all.

I basically keep hearing about the CX300's and PX100's, so what Im wondering is... why doesnt anybody say anything about CX400s and PX200s?

What's with Sennheiser's PXC250?

Or any of these "street" lines?

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_street-line

Also, I only spoke of Sennheiser because its what I keep hearing about. If AKG or anybody is building a better `phone for the same price range, Im down.

Thanks in advance, guys.

well in ear buds arent the best things in the world, but for my mp3 player i have the cx300s and they are great for the price!! really cant complain!

Yeah, apparently the earbuds in that price range are pretty much the same quality (and in some cases, exactly the same with a different name :lol:, at least some AKG and Creative models IIRC). I've got the CX300II's and they're definately good enough. I used to use Koss Sparkplugs since they were cheap, but they sounded like shit and always broke within a year of purchase. Luckily, the warranty for them in the place I got them from was a year, so I never lost the €20 they cost.

I've got sennheiser CX95's and I love them, block out a hell of alot of noise (way more then the cx300's) and are actually pretty flat sounding, to the point you can do rough mixes on them at a push.