PERSUADER to enter studio in May

Nightrunner

Jan 3, 2005
Norrland, Sweden
From Blabbermouth:

"Swedish metallers PERSUADER will enter the studio in May to begin recording their fourth album for a late 2008 release via Dockyard 1."

Sweet, where/what studio will this 4th one be forged?

Where is that information from? Did the band tell someone or is blabbermouth just making things up so they have stories to tell?

Elminster: I'll check it out for sure, but I think we'll try to mix and match a whole bunch of sounds to get something a bit unique.

As for the Blabbermouth news, it's up on the dockyard1 site (but not our own :loco: ). Time to get to work!

Elminster: I'll check it out for sure, but I think we'll try to mix and match a whole bunch of sounds to get something a bit unique.

Sounds good! Did you mix and match samples on WEB? I was giving EZ: dfh a try at a friend's house, and didn't think any of the kicks sounded at all like what you or Nocturnal Rites used on your albums. The "damped extreme eq" ones came close with some eq and compression added, but they still sounded a bit wobbly compared to WEB's kick, unless the velocity was at max- but then you get the ol' machine gun problem. Not sure how you pulled it off, but it sounded great! Anyway :loco:... good luck with arranging the new material!

Sounds good! Did you mix and match samples on WEB? I was giving EZ: dfh a try at a friend's house, and didn't think any of the kicks sounded at all like what you or Nocturnal Rites used on your albums. The "damped extreme eq" ones came close with some eq and compression added, but they still sounded a bit wobbly compared to WEB's kick, unless the velocity was at max- but then you get the ol' machine gun problem. Not sure how you pulled it off, but it sounded great! Anyway :loco:... good luck with arranging the new material!

Yeah I think it was mostly (tweaked) EZdrummer, with different cymbals if I remember correctly. Mattias may have changed stuff around a little, he just tried different sounds until we were satisfied.

We haven't really decided yet, if so than it will be "only" for the mixing part. We'll do everything else ourselves.

Yeah I think it was mostly (tweaked) EZdrummer, with different cymbals if I remember correctly. Mattias may have changed stuff around a little, he just tried different sounds until we were satisfied.

I heard a lot of people saying that they preferred the vintage rock cymbals and the pop/rock kick. Superior 2.0 should be pretty cool since you can do all that mix and matching right there on the screen. Of course, the new samples they are doing sound great, and there are meant to be a bunch of new expansions coming after the initial release too. So many possibilities o_O I look forward to hearing what you come up with.

News about the upcoming album? Some videotape, ora just spoiler about music?

@Efraim
I'm the one who made the interview to Emil for Truemetal.it ;)