Pete Way is sick (UFO)

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Straight from their website

2009 is shaping up to be a busy time for UFO, what with the studio sessions in Germany (where we're recording the new album, due out later this year), and also the forthcoming tours and festival shows which are being booked right now.

But amidst all the good news, we also need to share some other news with you.

For a while now, Pete has been dealing with a medical condition which affects his liver, and he's currently undergoing treatment to cure it. The medication he's on makes him tired and dizzy, and he feels that taking part in the recording sessions and the hectic touring schedule would be too much for him at the moment, so he'll be taking some time out from UFO until he is match-fit.

But as we all know with Pete, he won't be able to stay away from rocknroll for long - so it's very likely that he'll be doing a few gigs here and there with Waysted.

We all wish him the very best and hope for a swift and full recovery.

We love ya Pete! Get well soon man.

Hmm...Hep B? C?
or maybe....
cirrhosis.jpg

aww pete :(
he's been with em for a while too, not just a new guy. I say bring back schenker but i think im just dreaming.

i hope they come to chicago i would love to see them

Hmm...Hep B? C?
or maybe....
cirrhosis.jpg
Could be what they call Fatty Liver :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatty_liver

It's what I have myself.. btw they say alot of people have this disease and are not aware they have it so some of you should get checked out with a simple blood test and sonogram... it's reversible with diet.. lowering or cutting our fats and sugars in your eating and drinking habits etc..

Could be what they call Fatty Liver :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatty_liver

It's what I have myself.. btw they say alot of people have this disease and are not aware they have it so some of you should get checked out with a simple blood test and sonogram... it's reversible with diet.. lowering or cutting our fats and sugars in your eating and drinking habits etc..

It's reversible? Mabye fatty liver can be. But once someone gets Cirrhosis to the best of my knowledge it doesn't get better but can be managed.

It's reversible? Mabye fatty liver can be. But once someone gets Cirrhosis to the best of my knowledge it doesn't get better but can be managed.
Trust me I know Cirrhosis is not reversible... Fatty Liver is... If you neglect your fatty liver and do not do measures to reverse it then eventually it becomes cirrhosis... I'm in the early stages of Fatty liver... anyways as for Pete Way... no one said he had Cirrhosis... read the statement below:

"For a while now, Pete has been dealing with a medical condition which affects his liver, and he's currently undergoing treatment to cure it."

To me that suggests Fatty liver if they know it's "curable" which really they should of said reversible...

no one said he had Cirrhosis... read the statement below:

"For a while now, Pete has been dealing with a medical condition which affects his liver, and he's currently undergoing treatment to cure it."

To me that suggests Fatty liver if they know it's "curable" which really they should of said reversible...

I know no one said he had Cirrhosis, but anyone who has followed his history knows that he was a party animal in the past. Then again this statement also doesn't say that he has a fatty liver either. Could be spin.

Alot of common modern medicines can cause issues with the liver and kidneys too. I know I get tested 3 times a year for liver and kidney functions because of my meds. Surprisingly, I'm all good despite my drinking beer like a fish (knock on wood). *hic*

and this is how rumours start ...
Possible. I know someone (at his label) that stated that Pete's health was not so great when he claimed that he was denied a visa to tour for the last album. Now there was a story about the denial of a visa but I have been told that it was spin to allow the other guys to tour while he tended to his health. Now is that hard to believe? No so much, I guess the truth will come out sooner or later...

That's bollocks! He's been refused visas before due to possession charges etc.
It isn't an invented story! Anyway all the best to him. I'm sure Villa's good form will cheer him up!

That's bollocks! He's been refused visas before due to possession charges etc. It isn't an invented story!

That maybe be but there have been others that been granted permission to enter the country if they get proper clearance. One thing that I question is UFO scheduling tour dates in The United States if they are so sure that Pete Way won't be granted a visa. Makes no sense for them to call the tour a UFO tour if in the end it's basically Phil Mogg on stage from the original line-up...
Talk about misleading?!:lol:

Makes no sense for them to call the tour a UFO tour if in the end it's basically Phil Mogg on stage from the original line-up...

Yeah and for the younger fans that like the classic material may not even think it's him. Phil doesn't sound alot like his old self these days.

No disrespect! STILL one of my favorite classics!
OBSESSION and Strangers In The Night rule IMO!! :headbang:

That maybe be but there have been others that been granted permission to enter the country if they get proper clearance. One thing that I question is UFO scheduling tour dates in The United States if they are so sure that Pete Way won't be granted a visa. Makes no sense for them to call the tour a UFO tour if in the end it's basically Phil Mogg on stage from the original line-up...

Misleading?! Are you a fan of UFO and have you paid any attention to their lineup and music through the years? The lineup now is: Phil Mogg, Vocals, Andy Parker (another original member), Drums, Paul Raymond (first joined UFO in 1977), Guitar and Keyboards, and Vinnie Moore, Lead Guitar, who has been in UFO since 2003 and played on their last 4 albums. I believe Barry Sparks (Dokken, Ted Nugent) will play bass on the U.S. tour. Phil sounds as great as he ever did, and the rest of the band is excellent as well. UFO has been my favorite band since 1982 and have yet to let me down with a performance. Hell, Michael Schenker is my favorite guitarist but has let me down a few times, walking off stage mid set and just generally screwing up, which is why I am glad that UFO now has a stable lead guitarist in Vinnie Moore. For that matter, Pete Way is by far my favorite bass player, and as much as I'd like to see him again live I understand the situation and wish him the best. Also, they toured the U.S. in 2004, 2005 and 2008 without Pete, so why would they stop calling the band UFO for this tour?! Anyway, UFO still rocks hard!

Misleading?! Are you a fan of UFO and have you paid any attention to their lineup and music through the years? The lineup now is: Phil Mogg, Vocals, Andy Parker (another original member), Drums, Paul Raymond (first joined UFO in 1977), Guitar and Keyboards, and Vinnie Moore, Lead Guitar, who has been in UFO since 2003 and played on their last 4 albums. I believe Barry Sparks (Dokken, Ted Nugent) will play bass on the U.S. tour. Phil sounds as great as he ever did, and the rest of the band is excellent as well. UFO has been my favorite band since 1982 and have yet to let me down with a performance. Hell, Michael Schenker is my favorite guitarist but has let me down a few times, walking off stage mid set and just generally screwing up, which is why I am glad that UFO now has a stable lead guitarist in Vinnie Moore. For that matter, Pete Way is by far my favorite bass player, and as much as I'd like to see him again live I understand the situation and wish him the best. Also, they toured the U.S. in 2004, 2005 and 2008 without Pete, so why would they stop calling the band UFO for this tour?! Anyway, UFO still rocks hard!

Are you on the band's payroll? Calm down. You're gonna have a stroke. Take a deep breath already...

Are you on the band's payroll? Calm down. You're gonna have a stroke. Take a deep breath already...

Naw, not on their payroll, as I said they are my favorite band. I'm just pointing out what's really going on with them since I happen to keep up with the band's music. Have a good one, Double S! :)