Peter Lindgren Quits Opeth!!

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=72714

This SUCKS!!! Peter guitar playing/style complimented Mickael's so well. It'll be interesting what Opeth will sound like now with a new drummer & guitar player.

I know, I know...many of you will say "who cares, Mickael writes everything anyway"...but he does NOT!! Quite a bit of each members' own styles go into what they choose to play over Mickael's foundation parts.

I read it about it earlier this morning. Sucks. I'm just glad I witnessed Peter playing live with Opeth once. I missed Martin Lopez though... I guess "Lamentations" is the last time we'll get to watch the true (not original, just probably the best) Opeth line up play as one.

I read it about it earlier this morning. Sucks. I'm just glad I witnessed Peter playing live with Opeth once. I missed Martin Lopez though... I guess "Lamentations" is the last time we'll get to watch the true (not original, just probably the best) Opeth line up play as one.

Negative original Opeth had a didnt a different drummer. Lopez didnt come in til after 2000, he was previously in Amon Amarth I believe.

You know, Opeth was one of those bands where when I first heard them, I was like, "WOW, the best thing since sliced bread! I must get EVERYTHING" They are a great band, both on disc and live, but I personally have grown tired of them in the past couple years. Sorry, just my opinion. I know there are a lot of die-hards here.

I'm disappointed too. I got the chance to meet and talk to Peter and Mikael a couple of years ago and he was genuinely a very nice guy. I always liked his style of playing as well.

Is Axenrot a member of Bloodbath?

Aye, I read about this yesterday and posted it all over myspace. I even changed my default pic to the Opeth logo and put up an Opeth song on my page for the day. Yes, I am a dork. It was like a death or something. Truly a sad piece of news. I've seen Fredrik Åkesson play with Arch Enemy though and he definitely has the chops. Only time will tell.

I'll miss you Peter!

I'm disappointed too. I got the chance to meet and talk to Peter and Mikael a couple of years ago and he was genuinely a very nice guy. I always liked his style of playing as well.

Is Axenrot a member of Bloodbath?

Axenrot is excellent. I don't think he'll be able to write the stuff Lopez did, but he can definitely play it. I saw them live once with him, and he nailed it all perfectly. He also played a cool drum solo.