Peter Wichers Interview in Guitarist Magazine (link)

Öwen;9080653 said:
Jesse seems to think he's better than a lot of people, Kris Norris it was a while back as well, for some silly reason.

Jesse, you're a nice guy, but if you want people to take you even remotely serious in these silly pissing contests then you have to put out product and at the moment you don't have any.

Only guitar I had ('77 Gibson) cracked in two at the headstock.. Trust me, I've been fucking ACHING to throw down some tracks.

EDIT: I will stick to my statement regarding Kris Norris fucking sucking >:/

EDIT: I will stick to my statement regarding Kris Norris fucking sucking >:/

That's alright dude, I love his playing and your opinion matters nought to me in that department.

But if you're gonna talk shit, at least have the product to back it up, because all the guys you talk smack on have at least four or five solid albums to their names and you're sitting on the internet essentially going;

"I could do better"

Well, get off your ass and prove it then. You've been meant to have been busting out some tracks for nigh on forever, if you don't have the resources to do that as you claim then keep your trap shut until you do and until you can release that product.

You saying "Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong" to a post of mine that says "your phrasing has nothing on his" = you think your phrasing is better than his.

I swear to god, this forum has a serious problem with illiteracy.

Not taking any sides here cause you two are pretty entertaining but did you ever think for a moment that maybe he was saying "wrong" in reply to anything else that was in your post?

Is that what they say on the playground? Grow the fuck up, man - everybody knows I'm a dick. Like that's news to me? Sounds like you've been swinging on DigiV's nuts or something.

Wichers is the fucking man when it comes to phrasing and feel.

Wrong - They don't say it on the playground
Wrong - not everyone knows your a dick
Wrong - He's not swinging on DigiV's nuts
Wrong - He doesn't agree that Wichers is "the man" with his phrasing and feel

Just a thought

Öwen;9080706 said:
That's alright dude, I love his playing and your opinion matters nought to me in that department.

But if you're gonna talk shit, at least have the product to back it up, because all the guys you talk smack on have at least four or five solid albums to their names and you're sitting on the internet essentially going;

"I could do better"

Well, get off your ass and prove it then. You've been meant to have been busting out some tracks for nigh on forever, if you don't have the resources to do that as you claim then keep your trap shut until you do and until you can release that product.

*pours some cold water on the hormones*

Calm down, buddy :lol:

:kickass:

Petrucci is the phrasing king for me, and as much as SS ain't my jam, Wichers is a hell of a guitar player, ain't no denying that.

*pours some cold water on the hormones*

Calm down, buddy :lol:

:kickass:

Waste of time trying to belittle me dude, I'm not angry, just felt the need to say how the situation is.

You want to talk smack, that's fine, just have shit to back it up.

Öwen;9080791 said:
Waste of time trying to belittle me dude, I'm not angry, just felt the need to say how the situation is.

You want to talk smack, that's fine, just have shit to back it up.

Like I said, I wasn'-

Fuck it. Not worth the time, heh.

Bold: I do, my guitar playing is the 'shit' I have to back it up. Recorded or not, who really gives a fuck?

The real world works around product at the moment your product is a bunch of blurry youtube vids. Not exactly proof of any dazzling ability.

If you don't take yourself seriously enough to give a good presentation then how are the rest of us meant to interpret that when you say something about a dude that has a good quality product to his name (save the pain of arguing whether or not you have done this in this specific instance, you've talked shit a million times before and this thread seems sadly due for that course too). Until you release something that says "this is what I am, here's what I can do" your noodling is the stuff of your own imagination and youtube masturbatory fodder.

Yeah, you think you're a good guitarist, I think Nessy exists. I'm sure I can rake up a few sheddy videos on youtube depicting a few rubber tyres in a pond too.

Öwen;9080837 said:
The real world works around product at the moment your product is a bunch of blurry youtube vids. Not exactly proof of any dazzling ability.

If you don't take yourself seriously enough to give a good presentation then how are the rest of us meant to interpret that when you say something about a dude that has a good quality product to his name (save the pain of arguing whether or not you have done this in this specific instance, you've talked shit a million times before and this thread seems sadly due for that course too). Until you release something that says "this is what I am, here's what I can do" your noodling is the stuff of your own imagination and youtube masturbatory fodder.

Yeah, you think you're a good guitarist, I think Nessy exists. I'm sure I can rake up a few sheddy videos on youtube depicting a few rubber tyres in a pond too.

...What?

The videos on my YouTube were done for other people requesting them. At what point have I ever even mentioned those useless fucking things regarding any technical ability of mine?

I don't even understand the fucking point you're trying to come across with, here. Are you saying before I talk shit, I should have recordings to back myself up? Who died and made you the king of trash-talking? Should we write a list of required necessities that one would need before attempting to argue on the internet?

Get the fuck over yourself. I wasn't even trashing Wichers in the first place, I was saying I'm not a big fan/don't get the hype around him. I've had my Soilwork phase, and it really wasn't a long one due to the apparent boringness of the albums/everything in the genre sounds the EXACT. SAME. (TO ME. OPINION. OPINION. OPINION. Sorry, just had to clarify there before someone got butthurt again and decided to go on a useless rant.)

The fact of the matter is Jesse, as much as we both think you're a nice as fuck guy and we both know you can play, nobody else has fucking proof of this. Before I did STC i trash talked certain vocalists and i got the ID LIKE TO SEE YOU DO BETTER talk, so i did what they asked.
That's the point Owen's making man, chill the fuck out bro

The fact of the matter is Jesse, as much as we both think you're a nice as fuck guy and we both know you can play, nobody else has fucking proof of this. Before I did STC i trash talked certain vocalists and i got the ID LIKE TO SEE YOU DO BETTER talk, so i did what they asked.
That's the point Owen's making man, chill the fuck out bro

I s'pose. Sucks when a lot of people ask me to record shit and I simply don't have the tools (not even a god damned guitar anymore.. I'm dying.)

...What?

The videos on my YouTube were done for other people requesting them. At what point have I ever even mentioned those useless fucking things regarding any technical ability of mine?

I don't even understand the fucking point you're trying to come across with, here. Are you saying before I talk shit, I should have recordings to back myself up? Who died and made you the king of trash-talking? Should we write a list of required necessities that one would need before attempting to argue on the internet?

Get the fuck over yourself. I wasn't even trashing Wichers in the first place, I was saying I'm not a big fan/don't get the hype around him. I've had my Soilwork phase, and it really wasn't a long one due to the apparent boringness of the albums (TO ME. OPINION. OPINION. OPINION. Sorry, just had to clarify there before someone got butthurt again and decided to go on a useless rant.)

My point is if you can do better, prove it, money where your mouth is or keep quiet. It's really not a hard principal to understand but it does require a bit of self control.

As for the rest, well was that really necessary, I don't make any rules, I just say what I think, I don't need to make the rules to make a point, I don't need to get over myself because I'm not mouthing off at anyone, just saying things how I see them. Which is that your time is misplaced with all this and you're not doing yourself any favours here.