Petition: An All Metal Video Channel

Lynne

New Metal Member
Jan 17, 2005
Hi folks! Hope everyone is doing well this evening. :)

I am one of the leaders currently supporting a campaign for an exclusive metal video channel. Our goal is to achieve an outlet for our musical heroes where they no longer have to fight the industry to get their music out to be heard. Video made the Rock star many years ago. It can happen again if everyone pulls together. We are hoping our proposed channel will include vintage as well as present day metal videos. Currently we have almost 300 supporters. We are 11 days into this, we are still in the infancy stages, but the progress and positive feedback has been outstanding. We need EVERYONE'S help, from the artists to the fans, if we are going to make this happen. Three artists, confirmed, have given their support for this cause. Hopefully many more will follow their lead. It takes all of 2 mins to link and sign. The rally leaders are John and I. John has worked on movements before with some success, but he and I cannot do this alone. We are in the process of contacting Record Labels, Management, Producers, Publicists, etc. The metal community MUST come together and support each other in order for this to happen.

Petition for an All Metal Channel:

Do you miss watching heavy metal videos? Did you stay awake countless hours jamming away to headbangers ball till the wee hours of the morning? Would you be willing to pay a little more to have an all metal music video channel? If you answered yes, then we could really use everyone’s support. Please click on the link below and help rally your support for an All Metal Video Channel. Currently, Vh1 has Soul, Country, Mega Hits, but there is no metal channel in the works. Our bands were deprived of their video airplay when MTV stopped playing music videos over a decade ago.

I personally blame MTV for the 90’s video crash and the fall out of the music industry. Many bands relied on this airplay and when that was stripped from them, bands could not survive. Hostility and frustrations began to soar which led to the separation of many a band. I must admit that I do have hidden hopes. I hope that an all metal channel will be the rebirth of metal music. I hope that this will encourage artists to remember the success that they once had, be able to put their personal differences aside, and give their original bands and their musical careers another shot. After all, life is too short and precious for such animosity. They had the success once before, and they can have it again.

If at the very least, I hope this will encourage our metal artists to start making music videos again. One artist quoted, “There is no sense in making a video because MTV will not play it.” (Dokken) That is unjust. Our artists must fight the music industry just to get their music out to be heard by their fans. Why should they pay a fortune to make a video that will never be played or seen? We need a place for the metal family to call their own. An All Metal Channel would be the answer. This will give our artists another opportunity in life to get their names and music back into the music industry and pursue their musical dreams.

We metal fans must come together and stick together to support these artists. We have over 30 years of metal history and it’s time our favorite groups, past and present, get the air time and recognition that they deserve. Without their fans, they have nothing. But with our help and support, we could hopefully help make their dreams come true again.

Okay Peeps! Link on over and give your favorite artist or band your support! :wave:

Here is the link: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/A0001/petition.html

Campaign Leaders,
-John & Lynne
“Not for you. Not for me. But for us.”-ra

Contact info: aislynn@triad.rr.com
Artist’s signatures are only valid upon confirmation received from their webmasters, managers or other reliable sources.

We have finally passed 300 votes. Yeah! We are currently at 305 supporters. Three artists presently have given their support for the cause. There are still 47 names on the VH1 site and the petition site is showing 262. However, two of those are dups and we are working to get those corrected. We are averaging around 30 votes per day which is outstanding. See, we metal heads haven’t gone away. We have been here all along. We have contacted Electra, Warren, Geffen, Interscope and Sanctuary Records. Come tomorrow I will either be a winner with the Execs or be the biggest fool that ever walked the planet. The VP of Sanctuary Records read his email about 2-3 hrs ago. :OMG:

We are going to ask for any of those who posted to the VH1 board and did NOT sign the petition to please link over and sign. We want to get those names off of there. (Jen, you and about three others are already covered.) I am surprised VH1 hasn’t kicked John and me off yet. As John quoted, “He got his patty’s whacked by MTV2.” They booted him off. Poor thing. lol
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/A0001/petition.html

That should do it for tonight. If I can show my face tomorrow, I will send another update tomorrow evening. I am going to go and try to sleep off my chronic case of Metal Mania. As John would say:
sweet metal dreams everyone! John
Good night John. Good night everyone! :wave:

Campaign Leaders,
-John & Lynne
“Not for you. Not for me. But for us.”-ra

Contact info: aislynn@triad.rr.com
Artist’s signatures are only valid upon confirmation received from their webmasters, managers or other reliable sources.