Phase issue when replacing drums?

also you need to make sure that your samples are edited to start exactly on the beginning of the sound. any space you leave at the beginning obviously has phasing potential. if your using pro tools, use the tab to transient function to get the initial transient of the sample and then shift tab to select the rest of the sample. after that command T should trim to selection and your sample should be dead on.

hope that helps.

In addition to the great points above...

I've always had problems with latency when using Drumagog, so I like to load the sample triggering file (original kick track or whatever) into Wavelab and render a whole new file with the sample replacing already done.

Then you can just line the new track up by hand in your DAW and save the CPU usage for something else in your mix.

$0.02

I have nightmares with this issue too...
I belive I'm correct in saying the frequencies of drum hits are not stable and change over time in the decay, so if you double two drum sounds when they are in phase on the attack they will very likely go out of phase during the tail. Shift the pitch of the samples to complement the original drum (flip phase if necessary), and either cut the tails off the samples, or gate the tails off the original. Try eq-ing out problem frequencies if necessary.
Good luck!

To me it sounds like a "flam" or whatever it's called, meaning that the sample is delayed just a tad. I always trigger the drums, and then move the triggered track backwards by 15 subframes (on my d2424) - don't really know how much that is in ms, but not much - try it....