Philosophy in More Primitive Cultures

Native Americans were very isolated. Believed in the spirit, afterlife, believed we came from the water (which "water" or how Im unsure of), believed in a father and of course the mother earth, but all was very spiritual.

They did a share of conquering as did old European tribes and more advanced cultures. The Roman empire was not christian in the beginning, I believe it was actually later when at its peak which was as it also fell.

Not a cop out, just plain reality. Language has nothing to do with the legitimacy of my existance so I dont get that one either.

Language has nothing to do with the legitimacy of my existance so I dont get that one either.

Emotive language gives us the ability to convey ideas and beliefs. Without it we would be nothing more than animals and you would have no idea of morals and ethics, much less a purpose to communicate them. I know from previous arguments that morals and ethics are a huge part of your existence. Language allows us to interpret and communicate our passions.

The argument that language is inherently meaningless is flawed and ultimately irrelevant in this thread.

You brought the language thing up, thereby becoming relevent. I said I was sorry for any confusion to decent people who dont dwell on grammer or linguistic idiosyncrasies. My other point was language is mearly a fraction of my existance. Most of my accomplished life was done without words, I found these things to be my justification of existance, I can only assume this is true of a large percentage of people. I have NEVER had a problem communicating with or understanding anyone regardless their dialect of English, though I usually seem to be a few thoughts ahead or beyond, whichever the case.

Derek brought it up, not me. This whole thread has gone to shit. I know that derek and Blowtus are complaining about the content of threads lately, but it's distractions like the one about language that deter threads and break intelligent conversation. By the time people who really want to say something, like 10293847, arrive the direction of the thread has shifted.

Somebody should start a language thread if we want to argue about its potential meaninglessness.

Theres nothing to argue man, I think I got to the bottom of it and am more than ready to move on.

Though I believe we already did a good job on why more primitive cultures are so content. Gotta love em, keep it simple, its the only way to go.

I wasn't complaining so much as sympathising and directing blame away from me :lol:
I agree that this meaninglessness of language shit is meaningless :p

Well, the hornets nest was stirred up by that comment. If it's scuttled the thread though, that has little to do with me.

Whatever. I don't care anymore. All the threads here disintegrate into off-topic discussions. It doesn't matter, as long as people are still thinking I suppose.

I wasn't complaining so much as sympathising and directing blame away from me :lol:
I agree that this meaninglessness of language shit is meaningless :p

Totally. It's a pointless topic to discuss, especially when another subject is being debated. I know perhaps it wasn't meant to be distracting, but it is. I was only commenting on razoredge's grammar and spelling because those things really are important in a forum and in life in general. You need to know the difference between "bazaar" and "bizarre."

You need to know the difference between "bazaar" and "bizarre."

oh is that it :lol: yeah I was talking about a big sale :rolleyes:

Do I need to make a signature that states "I havent used written language nor read books in 25 years and didnt much bother back in school either so, deal with it "

Look Im glad you guys have a more "cultured" education and experience than we did in the 70's but Im not sure puffing your chest out about it is as impressive as hoped. You've missed other things and will discover them with age. Frankly I dont even recall reading or spelling the word bazaar or bizaare ever. I'd be more worried if I was one that couldnt translate and accept someones oversite or lack of studying the dictionary. Everyone spoke more simplistic language with even fewer expressions, we did not grow up on the internet, on the cell phone or with our noses stuffed in books, we were more WORK oriented. Theres other stuff I long since forgot and I have always had a spelling problem. Ya know what, it doesnt bother me one bit. I have lived a pretty full life and have done and seen many many things, I have a clear mind and can see things for what they are.

NOW DEAL WITH IT !

Christ :rolleyes:

oh is that it :lol: yeah I was talking about a big sale :rolleyes:

Do I need to make a signature that states "I havent used written language nor read books in 25 years and didnt much bother back in school either so, deal with it "

Look Im glad you guys have a more "cultured" education and experience than we did in the 70's but Im not sure puffing your chest out about it is as impressive as hoped. You've missed other things and will discover them with age. Frankly I dont even recall reading or spelling the word bazaar or bizaare ever. I'd be more worried if I was one that couldnt translate and accept someones oversite or lack of studying the dictionary. Everyone spoke more simplistic language with even fewer expressions, we did not grow up on the internet, on the cell phone or with our noses stuffed in books, we were more WORK oriented. Theres other stuff I long since forgot and I have always had a spelling problem. Ya know what, it doesnt bother me one bit. I have lived a pretty full life and have done and seen many many things, I have a clear mind and can see things for what they are.

NOW DEAL WITH IT !

Christ :rolleyes:

You shouldn't have to study the dictionary to know how to spell. Look, I'm not trying to shoot you down. You really should be concerned with this, for your own benefit. People look at how you spell and your ability with grammar and usually judge your intelligence based on that. Now maybe that isn't the right way to judge, but people do it. Don't get angry at me. I do deal with it. I deal with it every time I read one of your posts. But seriously, you should consider refining your composition skills. You don't have to study anything, or get an education or any of that shit. All you have to do is read more.

razoredge said:
I havent used written language nor read books in 25 years and didnt much bother back in school either so, deal with it

Professor Cipher said:
Razor pays attention in class but does not appear to be learning much. He remains quite stubborn, inarticulate, and incapable of expressing himself in a conceptual manner nor appears willing to learn how. When debating others, in lieu of debunking others' arguments, he results to name-calling, irrelevant appeals to ethos or pathos, or re-iteration of his previous argument to the amusement of the rest of the class. Additionally, it is quite probable that he suffered a bump on the noggin at an early age. We have decided that he be put in the vocational programme.

Sorry, I just had to do this :lol:

Because your a inept touch hole whos best physical and observation ability is the equivalent of picking your nose.

Jarman - I honestly have no concern what so ever. I find myself to be much smarter than most around here and honestly get a kick out of people having problems understanding... well anything. Most of the people that have continously asked me what I was talking about, or to support my observations or statement, or that claim I implied or said something I did not, or ask stupid shit like "why do people think that way"... I just sit and wonder... why so dense ? The obvious is obvious.

So I wait, and sooner or later, someone says the same thing I said and everyone agrees with them... and I muse

I find myself to be much smarter than most around here and honestly get a kick out of people having problems understanding... well anything. Most of the people that have continously asked me what I was talking about, or to support my observations or statement, or that claim I implied or said something I did not, or ask stupid shit like "why do people think that way"... I just sit and wonder... why so dense ? The obvious is obvious.

Yes, it is. Your writing is horrible and impossible to fathom sometimes. I've seen Blowtus, Cipher, Seditious, (all of whom are very intelligent) and others ask you to explain or refine your argument, and all you ever do is say something like "It's pretty simple." No, it isn't. We can't understand what you write. It's not our fault, it's yours. Maybe that twenty-five years you took off from reading hasn't been as rewarding as you think it's been.

Either he is incapable or unwilling to address the aforementioned allegations. Methinks this may provide an explanation for his prior conduct:

vol5no3_tt.jpg

They can't all be winners, now can they?

Yes there is a large difference between above average intelligence and well booked. Those great at quoting from their books of choice are questionable.... wicked ass spellers though