Physicist

theboinkbaron

the real autumnal demon.
Mar 4, 2003
I love devin's solo stuff, especially, terria and AE. Strapping young lad is good, but i really only listen to that if i'm in the right mood (if you know what i mean.) From what i've read about the physicist album, it's syl-lite. and i've downloaded a few tracks from it and i can understand how it's just not as intense as syl is. i'd like to give the album the ol' college try, so what songs should i download? which are the best? and what's everyone else's opinion on the album? how does it compare to everything else devin's made? all comments well be appreciated.

I guess its my least fave Devin album, but it does have its moments - the song 'Planet Rain' gives anything off Terria a run for its money. 'Kingdom' is also a great song, and 'Namaste' is a cool thrash song, these are my opinions and also my recommendations for download. Planet Rain goes for 11 minutes, so if you have a slow connection, download Kingdom or Namaste.
Enjoy.

Thortyir said:
I told you about him Geoff... HE LOVES TO BE HATED... :D

So I'll join him for the good cause
"AE is a shitty record, Terria is a shitty record and Infinity is something so bad that I can't even describe it...Now I go back to the last johnny halliday record, a real rocker !!!

:p:p:p

so i guess this is what happens when you don't check back on your own posts often enough....everyone starts arguing about who's better: manowar, backstreet boys, or inifinity?

it's not fair to compair any of these albums...just take note of that. so when you see people, myself included, say that album A is better than album B but not as good as album C...just remember it's completely individual preference. It's not like metallica or pantera where the albums are mainly the same so it's easier to argue.

but, IMO..physicist is among his best work. like ive said it was my favorite album of his for a long long time but I like Infinity the best. It's more enjoyable to me than Terria because it's heavier. It's got such a spacey feel to it...it's hard to describe. but you shouldnt download tracks at random, you should listen to all of the album in one sitting because there's a concept in it. some songs are short or weird but they represent certain phases...

awesome amazing album. a must have.

you should listen to all of the album in one sitting because there's a concept in it. some songs are short or weird but they represent certain phases...

awesome amazing album. a must have

totally agree, and everybody should get the EP too...
"processional" "Om" "Sit in the mountain"...great songs

Physicist is awesome. It has a couple weak songs, but oh well. Namaste is one of his best. Death could have been on City and not seemed out of place. Devoid is good too, and kind of unique. And.. hey, the whole thing is good, listen to it in order.

everyone says the first half of the album is better than the second half....i disagree. kingdom is by far the best song on the record but for the whole, the second half i smuch more enjoyable to me for some reason.