Devin's album sales ? How many ?

all4dametal

Aug 25, 2003
I was curious to know what Devin's album sales are like for Strapping and his solo stuff.....A buddy of mine said that his solo stuff is keeping up with SYL sales if not more ! I found this surprising......does anyone know the stat's ?

weird, I'd expect he sells more of his solo stuff because it has more mainstream appeal than SYL. stats would be good... erm, OldLyonFreak?? ;)

Heheheheheh.
Very good, kleo.

I would tend to think Strapping sells better because it is put out by Century Media and has "genre niche" noteriety - in that people who are into underground metal in general are likely to hear SYL and like it simply 'cause it's metal.

On the other hand, Devy's solo material is on his own HevyDevy records label, and although I believe they have distribution deals through a variety of labels including InsideOut, it probably doesn't get the push that Century Media would put behind SYL in order to push units, as they can ride on City's somewhat legendary status. The solo material seems to me that it would appeal to a smaller, but more dedicated, fanbase.

All of THIS being said, however, I have no idea what the actual stats are. They would be interesting, I think.

Dear HoserHellSpawn,

Very well said ! I agree 100% with you on the legendary status of "City". It would be interesting to see how the solo stuff and SYL stuff sells though. I've seen a ton of adds for the DTB in rock mags, more than SYL this year ! Very interesting indeed !

Alex78 said:
weird, I'd expect he sells more of his solo stuff because it has more mainstream appeal than SYL. stats would be good... erm, OldLyonFreak?? ;)

Well, I think that it's HDR business first, I rememebr an interview I did with Tracy in 2001 for my fan site and she said that she couldn't complain about HDR sales...

I also remember an interview of Dev in a french mag , back in 2000 where he was saying that commercially "infinity" was a sucide, or something like that.

I will eventually ask to Tracy what is the record that sells the most. For the merchandise she told me that the AE stuff was selling a lot, mainly because it was new.....

Note from the webmaster : But also because I designed it :p :p :p