Pick 10 albums from this list

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Please pick the best 10 albums from this list. I'm ordering them tonight.

Atheist - Elements
Atheist - Piece of Time
Fates Warning - Still life
Memory Garden - Tides
Meshuggah - <anything except Chaosphere>
Morgion - <anything>
Nevermore - s/t
Nevermore - In Memory EP
Nightingale (Dan Swano) - The Closing Chronicles
Nightingale (Dan Swano) - The Breathing Shadow
Novembre - Classica
Onward - Evermoving
Pathos - Hoverface
Persuader - The Hunter
Pestilence - Spheres
Solitude Aeturnus - Into The Depths Of Sorrow (1)
Solitude Aeturnus - Downfall
Wolf - s/t

Originally posted by Mezarkabul
Nevermore - s/t
Nevermore - In Memory EP
Novembre - Classica

Those are the only ones from the list I'm familiar with, but they are definitely must haves. Well Still Life is a live album, so I'd say a must have for Fates fans at least, but they do an incredible job of the songs on there live... i usually listen to the live disc of a pleasant shade of grey over the real cd.

Do you have Nightingale - I? I'm guessing you do since thats the one of that trilogy you didnt list. 'I' is my least favorite of the 3 with the Closing Chronicles being the best, IMO.

I've only given Classica a few listens, but I have a feeling theres a lot of stuff in there that the more I listen to that album i will find it more and more incredible

and well.. nevermore.. why dont you have those cds already! :lol:

I do have Nightingale - I and love it. I am surprised you consider it their worst. I think I'll definitely get Closing and am still think about Breathing. I heard the latter is a bit 'gothic' which deters me from checking it out.

I love Nevermore! I've been listening to DNB the last 3 days. I've had it since 1999 and I think it's getting better with each listen. The music on that disc is timeless. I also love Politics and Dead Heart. I hope to hear something different on the s/t Nevermore.

And since this is the Nevermore board, maybe some of you could tell me a bit about their In Memory EP and their debut album. How do they compare to their post-Politics catalog and how are the songs?

Thanks for the reply.

NP: Pentagram - Trail Blazer

Memory Garden - Tides
Nevermore - s/t
Nevermore - In Memory EP

Originally posted by Mezarkabul

Please tell me that's only because you have that album already. Chaosphere=Amazing!!!

Then get the rest of Meshuggah's albums. Meshuggah is true metal...complicated, dark, calculated, and thoughtful lyrics. And honestly, I think Chaosphere is the hardest one to get in to. If you like that, then you'll love Destroy Erase Improve and Nothing. Contradictions Collapse is a little bit different...more thrashy. But if you get the copy with the None EP on it, then it's definitely more than worth it. Check out the track Ritual if you get that album...fuckin' killer song. :headbang:

Wolf is cool, too. A little cheesy in the Iron Maiden worship, but nobody is playing powerthrash anymore the way Wolf does, balls out and not fucking around.

you MUST get the atheist albums... seriously... they are two of my favourites, awesome tech metal... Are they for sale somewhere :eek: Tell me where!

Atheist - Elements
Atheist - Piece of Time
Meshuggah - DESTROY ERASE IMPROVE is totally brilliant
Nevermore - s/t
Nevermore - In Memory EP
Pestilence - Spheres (bit of a strange one, an aquired taste, some people around here don't get it, but i love it, it's like a dumbed down human by death)

hey Mezarkabul, aren't you Wish from the Savatage board??? i used to post there. . .

Memory Garden - Tides
Nevermore - s/t
Nevermore - In Memory EP
Novembre - Classica
Onward - Evermoving
Wolf - s/t

BlackWinterDay,

That's me. What was your name on the Sava forum? I still post there regularly.

What does Wolf sound like? Maiden? Priest? Iced Earth? Nevermore?

Thanks.

NP: Eternity X - The Edge

Atheist - Elements
Atheist - Piece of Time
Nevermore - s/t
Novembre - Classica
Pestilence - Spheres
Solitude Aeturnus - Into The Depths Of Sorrow