Picking Techniques?

DayOfDarknessWithin

Down For Life
Mar 23, 2002
Prince George, BC
Visit site
I was just listening to 'Hatebreeder' (live) by Children of Bodom, and I was wondering...what sort of picking does the lead guitarist (don't know his name) use? (for all the little guitar lead things) Just listen to the song and you'll hear what I'm talking about. And where can I learn it?!

So I guess what i'm asking is, where can i go to find some GOOD guitar (picking) lessons? I've been playing for nearly two years, self-taught so I pretty much know fuck all ABOUT guitar technique etc...

SO, if anyone else on here is self-taught and wants to help me out with this, let me know.

Thanks,
- Allan

its called sweeping. i know how its done, but i can barely do it. i would just search for some lessons on teh net by ynqwie or marty friedman. maybe check guitar worlds website. they post reviews. its a common shred technique, you'll be able to find something that can explain better than i can.

for sweep picking, its best to learn with a metronome... start from the most comfortable speed and slowly increase speed... u shld be able to learn it and play with some speed for the 1st week.. but to phrase sweep picking into a song is another matter.. u can't be sweeping throughout a whole song all the way!