Pickup samples - where?

U

unclefu

Hi everyone!

I'm buying new pickups, but it would be a bit complicated to try multiple ones with my guitar, so I was wondering if there are any sites where you can find raw material recorded by those pickups, hopefully with a guitar sounding close to mine (same shape, used wood).

There's something similar at the Seymour Duncan website, but they're not raw, already modified (even the clean samples), and if you give your guitar's parameters, it directs you to the same samples, only it takes into consideration which ones are the most recommended for it, I think (or which ones were recorded by a similar guitar as the given, I don't know) and I would like to listen to them with the sound I set up with my simulator softwares. Are there any ways to do that? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

AFAIK there's no such place, the samples on SD were good in that the same clips were played on all the pups, but the number of samples was very poor (in fact their samples page has worsened, if anything).

Why pickup/amp companies don't put a ridiculous amount of effort in marketing themselves through high quality and abundant samples, is always beyond me.

YT is still the best choice? afaIk

That's the one I liked so far the most. JB SH-4 for bridge, jazz SH-2 for neck. Though I only got to know them from the uploaded samples, and the dirty ones have, well, not the type of distortion that I had in mind :)

That's the one I liked so far the most. JB SH-4 for bridge, jazz SH-2 for neck. Though I only got to know them from the uploaded samples, and the dirty ones have, well, not the type of distortion that I had in mind :)

JBs are a good all round pickup and Andy recorded one of the Arch Enemy records with Mike Amott using a JB. If you're after death metal, Nile use the Invader.