COOL DRUM SAMPLES TO BUY?

Deuteronomy

Jul 18, 2012
Any cool sites you guys have to suggest that sell drum samples?
The sticky thread about samples was main for free ones which are cool but i need to find some other's, especially with the kick being recorded with 2 mics.
Cheers

Search Seraph recordings, one of my favorite samples

+1 Just bought the face your maker raw samples last week and they are so tight. It's so nice working with a raw kit that doesn't sound like SSD or SD2. Also that snare is super rad for tech-death/brutal death metal.

not really "samples" but the GGD (http://getgooddrums.com/) pack sounds absolutely great!
you'll need kontakt to use the whole kit though but there are also TRIGGER files iirc.
They're good sounding samples judging by the sound clips indeed, but the problem with them is that everyone and their mother's are already using them, they're pretty much the new Metal Machine in that regard.

I'm going to jump in with an uneducated question but those samples, how do they deal with velocity?

For instance, in Reaper there are 127 different intensities in midi. If I want a snare hit at 125 versus 100, versus 60, not only the volume of the snare is affected, but also its sound. Can the Seraph samples well represent that effect?

Last edited:
A drum plugin like Superior(and other of their SDX)drums are multisampled. The less samples the less realistic(machinegun) it will sound e.g. Slate SSD. Samples like those mentioned above are complements to real drums or drum plugins like Superior. I see in the Reaper thread you started that you have Metal Foundry and not satisfied with it(who is?). My advice is buy another SDX . The Progressive Foundry is so much better. But of course dont exlude samplepacks like those above mentioned.

A drum plugin like Superior(and other of their SDX)drums are multisampled. The less samples the less realistic(machinegun) it will sound e.g. Slate SSD. Samples like those mentioned above are complements to real drums or drum plugins like Superior. I see in the Reaper thread you started that you have Metal Foundry and not satisfied with it(who is?). My advice is buy another SDX . The Progressive Foundry is so much better. But of course dont exlude samplepacks like those above mentioned.

Thanks for your clarification, that helps me understand how to use them. Now I just need to figure out a cheap way to use those samples! I'm not willing to pay for Kontakt, Slate Trigger or other 100$+ softwares... I've already purchased a couple of them on Seraphin (Armageddon kick and a snare pack). What do you guys use to play the samples? Everybody is either on Kontakt or Slate Trigger?

(Sorry I am kind of diverting the original thread... :( )

Last edited:
From a drummer's perspective, nothing comes close to Mixosaurus. If this project were to have continued (bought out by some other company that saw its massive potential and pretty much canned it ??TBD??) It's HUGE in size and realism. If you're just looking for samples, well yeah, all of the other suggestions work fine, and this might not even be targeted to the OP, but for everyone else looking at these posts (like me) nothing comes close to the real deal (especially playing the kit with e drums.. drool) to this.