Pics I took of a band I'd love to see at PP...Seven Witches!

MetalFury

Keeper of the Seven Keys
Sep 23, 2005
New Jersey
www.metalfury.com
Here's some pics I took of Seven Witches from last Fri. night here in New Jersey: http://www.metalfury.com/Photos-SevenWitches.html
GREAT show and I'm VERY happy that the new Witches line up sounds so damn good! Alan Techio on vocals is amazing! Their new drummer Jeff is VERY cool...gave me 2 drumsticks for my collection. The bassist is very good and of course my good friend Jack Frost kicks ass! I can't wait to see these guys in concert again! I think they would be perfect for PP, especially with the new line up. Hope you enjoy the pics!

MetalFury said:
GREAT show and I'm VERY happy that the new Witches line up sounds so damn good!
While I would agree that this line-up is their strongest, and their performance on Monday was the best of the four I've seen, I wouldn't want to see them at PP. Monday night was the 4th time I've seen SW live. Not because I'm a fan, but because they tour so much. If you live in the U.S., you'll have your chance to see them. There are so many bands that don't tour, that would be a much more enticing pick for PPVII (IMHO).

Zod

Well speaking from a broke ass midwest perspective, I would love to Seven Witches at PP. SW will probably never get past Chicago which is nine hours away and if they do they will go immediately to the west coast. Boy I hate the kansas metal scene so much.

They do too many shows in the US to have them play at PP. I see the fest as kind of an oppurtunity for all of us Americans who don't get to see alot of the European bands or bands that aren't able to gig often. Ofcourse peole from other countries come too so I don't limit it to just U.S.

dargormudshark said:
They do too many shows in the US to have them play at PP. I see the fest as kind of an oppurtunity for all of us Americans who don't get to see alot of the European bands or bands that aren't able to gig often.
Agreed.

dargormudshark said:
Of course peole from other countries come too so I don't limit it to just U.S.
While I'm sure Glenn appreciates the pantronage from the folks who travel from abroad for the festival, they make up a very small percentage of the audience. Consequently, Glenn is probably using those of us who live in the U.S. as his primary demographic.

Zod

I agree this is the Witches strongest line up yet. I saw them for the sixth time on Monday night opening for Kamelot. My second time with this line up. Alan is just great and gives the band an even heavier sound then they had with James. Was glad to hear songs like "Camelot", "Mental Messiah", "Passage to the Otherside", and "Cries of the Living". Wish they would play something off of City of Lost Souls. New stuff isn't bad but its different and will take some getting used to. Since I am a Jersey boy I am looking foward to seeing a lot more shows with this band.

TheGraveDigger said:
I agree this is the Witches strongest line up yet. I saw them for the sixth time on Monday night opening for Kamelot. My second time with this line up. Alan is just great and gives the band an even heavier sound then they had with James. Was glad to hear songs like "Camelot", "Mental Messiah", "Passage to the Otherside", and "Cries of the Living". Wish they would play something off of City of Lost Souls. New stuff isn't bad but its different and will take some getting used to. Since I am a Jersey boy I am looking foward to seeing a lot more shows with this band.

I posted my own Witches pics here. My 5 year old had a great time at his first metal concert, just wish I was playing these shows as planned so he could have caught that too. lol I thought both shows were awesome and Alan is frigging amazing on vocals. This was a nice "breaking in" for the new guys, and folks seem hungry for the new album (coming in January).

As for shows "west of chicago", there may be some gigs next year in LA, Las Vegas, etc. And that DVD is just around the corner....

Eric

Oh please no! It was painful for me to get through SW when they opened for Kamelot. While I will say the singer has talent, the music is so generic and just not played well. The guitar sound is sloppy; it was just like a wall of noise when I saw them. I disagree on all fronts that they would be a perfect fit for PP.