Pictures of Katatonia playing Roskilde

katatonia played yesterday (friday) were we got no rain, for the first time in a whole week. they played in a tent, so the rain wouldn't have mattered anyway.

katatonia (once again again again!!!!!!!!!!!) had really bad sound, which affected the crowd, that wasn't into it at all. jonas vocals were distant and low and the guitars were muddy and unfocused.

the band itself (apart from Anders and a little bit Jonas, seemed distant).

if katatonia ever wants to conquer new ground, they NEED a better live-sound. they should get the soundguy from Mustasch - as their concert late last night (as always) was nothing short of extraordinary - both in performance and sound.

this comes from a katatonia-fan.

katatonia played yesterday (friday) were we got no rain, for the first time in a whole week. they played in a tent, so the rain wouldn't have mattered anyway.

katatonia (once again again again!!!!!!!!!!!) had really bad sound, which affected the crowd, that wasn't into it at all. jonas vocals were distant and low and the guitars were muddy and unfocused.

the band itself (apart from Anders and a little bit Jonas, seemed distant).

if katatonia ever wants to conquer new ground, they NEED a better live-sound. they should get the soundguy from Mustasch - as their concert late last night (as always) was nothing short of extraordinary - both in performance and sound.

this comes from a katatonia-fan.

But, check out their Live Consternation DVD. If that's anything to go by, they are AMAZING live. Plus, I have seen them perform in Quebec and there was nothing to complain about...at all. Perhaps they just had a shitty performance this time around, which can happen at anytime, anywhere...to any band.

photo

I just got back from my 6 days of mudbathing..

well.
I think i have now seen katatonia 6 or 7 times, and this was the second worst one ever.
as said, the sound was awefull (but about 90% of all roskilde conserts were.. damn stageworkers had been to christiania for too long i think..),
the guys seemed rather distant and uninterested (probably due to the very same sound, and the before mentioned mud)
and (now i know this is just a personal one) they had a rather boring tracklist..
too much VE and TGCD material, nothing from DO and no growl ending..

but hey, atleast i got my dose of Katatonia, so i am still happy :)
(one of the guys with us later met Anders and Jonas backstage, and they were pissed drunk :p)

Cant agree with you guys.
I work with sound and I think the sound they got at odeon stage was really good, especially compared to the utter crap-sound they where given at Close Up Festival 2006. After that Close Up gig I had really low faith in kata-live, but I think the Roskilde gig showed a much better side of Katatonia on stage. The sound did suck if you would use bad / too damping earplugs though. Either just place yourself wisely in the room without earplugs, or use special music earplugs, the sound-engineers cant work your crappy pieces of rubber into the mix. And no, I do not work within the roskilde crew :cool:. Anyways, kudos to Katatonia for a great gig and an interesting set-list, I really needed this after the sucky gig at Close Up Festival!

The setlist was EXCELLENT!!! In fact, it was the main reason why I spontaneously decided to go to Roskilde, after seeing which songs they played in Tuska the weekend before. The sound was quite ok to me, the bad weather didn't affect me and I don't really understand your complaints about the band being distant. They never fail to warm my heart :) :) :) I'm just so happy I finally got to hear the songs I was always longing for... BIGGEST THANKS TO KATATONIA :headbang:

Holy fuck! Jonas wearing a 1349 shirt <3!

Hope they head on down to aussie sometime in the future :eek: