Pictures online of Nightwish release party...Tarja is HOT!

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
NIGHTWISH have uploaded 20 photos from their May 22 record-release show in Kitee, Finland at this location http://www.nightwish.com/pics/kitee2205/phpslideshow.php. All 3,700 tickets to the gig were sold out within a day. Among the people purchasing tickets to the show were residents of the following countries: Finland, Germany, Monaco, Sweden, Russia, Belgium, Holland, Norway, U.K., Italy, France, Austria, Spain, Hungary, Argentina, Poland and USA.

As previously reported, NIGHTWISH have set a June 7 Finnish release date through Spinefarm Records for their brand-new album, "Once". A single containing the album track "Nemo" was released on April 19.

NIGHTWISH will launch their world tour in support of "Once", dubbed "Once Upon A Tour 2004-2005", this summer. The trek is expected to last until the autumn of 2005.
-----------------------------------

Its amazing to see how huge a band like this is overseas. I cant wait to see them August 22 at BB Kings in NYC. I hope they go over real well in America and get some main stream exposure following their tour. They are one of the bands that have it in them to go right to the top. Also, TARJA is soooo HOT!

She's good looking but in the press photos for Once, she has way too much makeup on. She really doesn't need it. They do have some of my favorite videos too. "Bless The Child" was amazing and the new video for "Nemo" is fantastic as well. It would be nice to see HBB pick this one up as well and diversify a bit. Here's the link to "Nemo" if any of you want to watch it:

http://www.nuclearblast.de/media/video/NB_1290.ram

The saYer said:
yes, yes she is
I still like more Christina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil, but Tarja is like a childhood love, you never forget her :lol:

Now seriously I agree with Psycho, she always wear too much makeup. If you see her on the video of 'The Carpenter' is ludicrous, but in (my favorite song) 'Sleeping Sun' with the red dress she is just perfect IMO.

I didn't like much 'Nemo', sounds too close to Lacuna Coil, and Nightwish was never such a gothic band. I miss the sound of "Angel Fall First" or the fast songs from "Wishmaster". I guess I'm going to buy "Once" anyway, but I like it more when the male vocals were not there, and the symphonic component was less.

Anywaay I'm glad to find Nightwish followers in a forum for once :wave:

I'm weird when it comes to them. I bought Wishmaster a few years ago and hated it. I held on to it in case I wanted to try it later but Century Child came out and I really dug most of the songs on it. I revisited Wishmaster and again didn't like it at all. Now from what I've heard from Once, I'll like it as well. I just don't get into their older stuff when she was singing really operatic. *shrugs*

Psychonaut said:
I just don't get into their older stuff when she was singing really operatic. *shrugs*
Yeah most people I found in forums hate it. To me is the whole attractive of the band. Was my first female fronted metal band that I started follow seriously, and I thought (and still do) that the operatic component was the freshest idea. Most of operatic voices that came afterwards are "copycats" IMO.

I found the band through a cyberfriend in Brazil that recommend it to me, and I'm still in doubt with him. I almost flew to Sao Paolo some years ago to hear Nightwish/Saxon on a weekend (I even was about to quit my job, when my boss opposed the idea), sadly Saxon cancelled and it was a lot of money for just one band. Then I made the idiotic decision of not going to Panama to hear them, I wasn't sure about the tour made in my country to go there. In the end came out perfect and dirt cheap and I miss it. :erk:

I still hope that they can play in Costa Rica by the end of the year, that will save my life ;)

Celebrities056.jpg

TheGraveDigger said:
Its amazing to see how huge a band like this is overseas.
I first saw them live on their "Wishmaster"-Tour in October 2000 and the venue was entirely sold out with maybe close to 1.000 people. Next I saw them in August 2002 in Dortmund on their "Century Child"-tour, and the venue was entirely sold out with about 3.500 people. Only five months later in January 2003 I saw them again in one of the biggest venues around here in Oberhausen. Maybe it was not entirely sold out this time, but I read that about 9.000 people had attended this concert. Considering that hardly anyone knew them when their first album "Angels Fall First" was released here in spring ´98, it´s really amazing how far they´ve got just within 5 years.
BTW, my favourite Nightwish album is still "Oceanborn". It´s sort of strange, because I usually don´t like opera voices, but I really love Tarja´s vocals on this album. Well, probably just another proof that any attempt to explain muscial tastes rationally must fail!:D

What I´m not too fond of is the way Nuclear Blast try to cash in now that they´ve signed Nightwish. So far I´ve read about 4 different single versions of "Nemo":
The first CD-single version contains "Nemo", "Planet Hell", "White Night Fantasy" (non-album track), "Nemo" (orchestral version) + enhanced part (studio report + photo gallery), the second CD-single version contains "Nemo", "Live To Tell The Tale" (non-album track), "Nemo" (orchestral version) and the "Nemo"-videoclip. Then there will be a "Nemo" DVD-single and finally a 10'' mini-album (ltd. to 2.000 copies) with gatefold cover including all audio-tracks from the two "Nemo" CD-singles.
"Once" will be available on CD, as vinyl picture-disc and in a CD box-version, the latter ltd. to 2.000 copies and at "only" 49.99 €.
Of course, no-one is forced to buy all these versions (and I surely won´t!), but I find it annoying nevertheless.:mad:

Burkhard said:
Of course, no-one is forced to buy all these versions (and I surely won´t!), but I find it annoying nevertheless.:mad:
I agree with you. Some labels are cashing beyond logic with their artist. I'm going to buy the album nothing else. I have a special CD with bonus songs called "Wishmatour 2000" that I found cheap on an online distro years ago. Also their "From Wishes To Eternity" DVD but again only because I found it cheap.

I personally think other female singers to be more hot, like Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy, or the singer for Lacuna Coil. The new singer for Stratovarius, Miss K, seems pretty hot also, just needs better release pictures.

In contrast, I love Tarja's opera vocals, they are just soo awesome.

Nightwish is pretty cool. I saw them at PPIV. They were good live as well.

I have mixed feelings about the operatic vocals. It definitely gives the band a unique style, but it gets a little monotonous occasioanally especially when it is only Tarja. Those high vocals contrast with the guitars IMO. I much prefer multipart harmonies for the operatic stuff. I like the Nemo video pretty well and that style works for them. I think for Nightwish to sound their best, they should use some of the operatic vocals and some of the normal vocals.

As far as being hot, Tarja is a nice looking woman, but Christina from Lacuna Coil eats her lunch.

Bryant

At least we all agree that Tarja has a wonderful voice, but Christina distill...sex!

celebrities059.jpg