Pig Destroyer

Last Light

New Metal Member
Jan 2, 2006
Surely there have to be a good amount of PD fans here?

If you havent heard about it yet, go get Terrifyer now.

I enjoy them despite the strong bashing they get here.

But I do agree, I like Prowler in The Yard better.

btw, nice avatar.

38 counts of Battery, I'm just saying that because no one else has. I am a PD fan, but a fairly new one, and if you are a PD fan, you shouldn't care if they get bashed here. Am I the only one who think there sound resembles Pantera, just a little bit?

Death head said:
38 counts of Battery, I'm just saying that because no one else has. I am a PD fan, but a fairly new one, and if you are a PD fan, you shouldn't care if they get bashed here. Am I the only one who think there sound resembles Pantera, just a little bit?

Oh yes, and Soilent Green sound like Black Label Society:Spin:

Last Light said:
Surely there have to be a good amount of PD fans here?

If you havent heard about it yet, go get Terrifyer now.

Huh, I did not realize that PD got trashed on this board, as someone mentioned further down the thread. PD is totally killer. I just uploaded 38 Counts, Prowler in the Yard, and their split w/Gnob into the new iPod to listen to on my way into work.

However, I don't think they sound even remotely like Pantera.

Mike

I never noticed they got trashed on this board as well. My favorite record by them is prowler in the yard.

And I have to go with Gory Elephant on this too...I don't think they sound like pantera at all...which is a really good thing for me.

Good band, saw them live and they were devastating. The guitar playing is fantastic imo. Better than vast majority of grindcore bands, cos at least they vary their music a lot. Grindcore is great so long as albums are 30 minutes or less. Nasum still rated as the best for me in this genre.

GREAT band.

couldn't pick a best album from them, but "Towering Flesh" is easily the best grindcore song I've ever heard.

I have both Prowler in the Yard and Terrifyer, but I think Prowler in the Yard is better.

Anyone know when they're supposed to tour again? I reaaly want to see them live

I didn't mean total sound, like evey song, just certain parts on certain songs of theirs slightly resemble Pantera, imo. I let my friend listen to them, and he heard a little Pantera in them too.

Varg Vikernes said:
GREAT band.

couldn't pick a best album from them, but "Towering Flesh" is easily the best grindcore song I've ever heard.

That's definetely a standout track on that album.

Father Belial said:
I have both Prowler in the Yard and Terrifyer, but I think Prowler in the Yard is better.

Anyone know when they're supposed to tour again? I reaaly want to see them live

it is absolutely imperative that you go out immediately and buy 38 Counts of Battery.

Mike.