I'd just like to mention...

The Grimace

New Metal Member
Oct 21, 2004
North of the Valley, South of the Hills
...that 'Terrifyer' by Pig Destroyer is the best thing I've ever heard in my entire life (this week). If you're someone who's still doubting the quality and artistry of Grindcore, or your grind collection stops at Napalm and Carcass, you need to get this album. It is really that fucking good.

Just wanted to mention.

i love it, but my main problem with it is that it has no bass. i've got subs in my car and it just really bothers me when shit doesn't hit. i've got subs for a reason.

RosesofShadow said:
I have prowler in the yard though...

'Prowler' is still my favorite album (I think it's most old fans' favorite), but 'Terrifyer' is really an amazing step in a new direction. I'm sure nobody ever thought PD would change their style much, but I love the new sound. It's definately more Swedish/Euro grind influenced, like the thick semi-melodic Nasum style rather than just crusty abusive noise like before. :tickled:

Though I do kinda miss the sheer violence of stuff like 'Explosions In Ward 6' (which might also be my favorite disc... heh, they're all my favorite.)

It's pretty good. Maybe I haven't listened to it enough yet, but I think it's been way too overrated lately. I still haven't watched (or listened) to the DVD that comes with it yet. Is there just music on it?

Audio DVD, the band said they would only release it in this format because its the only way they intend for people to hear it. its in Surround Sound

Such a fucking cool band. PD and Nasum are probably my two favourite grindcore bands.

Anyone got PD's 7" split with Orchid? It's bloody awesome, managed to get it pretty cheap on ebay.

I think Terrifyer is their catchiest album (catchy as far as grindcore is concerned) but that works in their favour. Definitely their best release..... well that I've got anyway (I've got Terrifyer, Prowler In The Yard, Orchid 7", Painter of Dead Girls and 38 Counts of Battery)

I still love the intro and outro to Prowler In The Yard though, sounds like Professor Steven Hawking all drugged up haha

Here's the sticker that came with the case to cover up the nudity on the front cover:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
PIG DESTROYER

One of REVOLVER Magazine's 10 "Future of American Metal" bands!

"One of the 10 loud rock bands that will destroy the earth" - CMJ

"One of the 25 most important bands in metal!"- Alternative Press

For fans of: SLAYER, PANTERA, AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED, MELVINS and NAPALM DEATH
----------------------------------------------------------------------
....for once I believe the hype.

Edgecrusher said:
Here's the sticker that came with the case to cover up the nudity on the front cover:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
PIG DESTROYER

One of REVOLVER Magazine's 10 "Future of American Metal" bands!

"One of the 10 loud rock bands that will destroy the earth" - CMJ

"One of the 25 most important bands in metal!"- Alternative Press

For fans of: SLAYER, PANTERA, AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED, MELVINS and NAPALM DEATH
----------------------------------------------------------------------
....for once I believe the hype.

They're very good Grindcore, but they're not Metal. Then again, mainstream shitrags think anything with guitars that's played really loud is Metal. :lol:

Jean-Pierre said:
They're very good Grindcore, but they're not Metal. Then again, mainstream shitrags think anything with guitars that's played really loud is Metal. :lol:

^

lol dodens is just sad because Terrorizer (the band) penetrated him way too much