Pink Floyd for Live8!!!!!!!

princess_of_the_night2112

Goddess of Metal
May 23, 2005
Glasgow
I heard this rumour a few weeks back but didn't think it would come to anything. WOW that would be awesome to see Floyd there. Most of the other acts you would have to PAY ME to go see them play, i.e. Coldplay etc. I sent in 2 texts and 6 postal entries but even if I was lucky enough to get the tickets, the 2nd of July is when I'm off on holiday, so would just pass them on to one of my pals.

From pinkfloyd.com:-

It was confirmed today that Roger Waters will join Pink Floyd to perform at the Live8 concert in Hyde Park on 2nd July.

David Gilmour made the following statement:
"Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world. It's crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations. Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if re-forming for this concert will help focus attention then it's got to be worthwhile."

Text applications close TONIGHT - for ticket details go to www.live8live.com

To apply for tickets, fans have to answer the following question:

WHAT CITY IS THE FORTHCOMING G8 SUMMIT HELD NEAR THIS JULY?

A. Berlin B. Moscow C. Edinburgh Text A, B or C to 84599*

Each entry costs £1.50* plus your operator’s standard text charge

Will the once mighty floyd be wired to some sort of energy giving life support machines???

Those guys are in the advanced years of thier lives to be sure!

valanx said:
Will the once mighty floyd be wired to some sort of energy giving life support machines???

LOL not a Floyd fan then Valanx!!!! Even though they are almost prehistoric, I'm sure they'll still be AWESOME but even if I get the tix, I can't make it but will definitely be watching Floyd on the telly, but I won't bother with the rest of the bill cos it's mainly CRAP with a capital C!!!!

I quite liked pink floyd for a while, about 10 years ago. I really loved the delicate sound of thunder cds and the video was great!! I liked Division Bell as well, but after the pulse live stuff i just got kinda bored with them as you do. The Pulse thing was good with the little light though :)

KoRn play a mean version of "Another Brick in the Wall" btw!

I was really pleased with the Floyd news! Although the band aren't the trendiest act on the night, I bet they will be the act to assure a sell-out venue!

I've always been fond of Floyd, but I kind of phased out when Roger Waters left. 'Momentry Lapse' and 'Division Bell' were nice albums, but I could never class them as Floyd projects. I personally preferred the Waters' solo efforts - 'Amused To Death' was a classic album in my opinion!#
It is going to be great to see them play together again, but what really interests me is the set-list they choose. There is so much more to Floyd than 'The Wall' and 'Dark Side'.
They may not be Metal or that fun, but I love Floyd for what they are and they are definately going to be the highlight of the show - the likes of the depressing and pretencious Coldplay could learn alot from these guys!

Holy Fack I just got a text message there saying I got 2 tickets for LIVE 8!!!! Here's what it says:-

Congratulations you have won a pair of tickets to LIVE 8. Your winning PIN number is blah blah blah - to claim go to www.live8live.com, you must claim by 20th June.

It's a bit of a bummer though cos on the 2nd July that's when I'm away on holiday, didn't realise at the time when I sent in the text that the concert coincided with my hols. I'd desperately love to see Floyd again but my holiday is booked and paid for and I don't really want to cancel it. Bloody hell my brain's totally scrambled - if I don't use the tickets I'm sure one of my friends will take the pair off my hands.

I went to the site, entered 'Blah Blah Blah' but it didnt work :err:

Seriously though, its prolly one of those scam Text things, Ive lost count of how many Sports cars, World Cruises and speedboats ive won ..After changing mobile phone 3 times in as many months i decided not to use one anymore...I fucking hate the stupid things anyway!!

valanx said:
I went to the site, entered 'Blah Blah Blah' but it didnt work :err:

Hahahahaha you're funny Valanx.

No but seriously, I really have won 2 Live8 tickets. You had to register your claim, and here's the email I got back confirming I got the tickets. You could pick tickets up from O2 shop or get them sent to you, so I'm getting mine sent recorded delivery and should arrive within 7 days.

Sent : 15 June 2005 09:35:58
To : <tigerlily99999@hotmail.com>
Subject : Live 8 Online Tickets Payment Confirmation: Order ID XXXXX

| | | Inbox

Live 8 Online Tickets Payment Confirmation and VAT Receipt

Thank you for confirming your tickets with Live 8 Online Tickets at live8.trinitystreetdirect.com

If you did not print out the web page please print this email out as a record, so if you have any queries about your tickets you have all the information.

If you have any queries about the actual event itself please go to www.live8live.com, the order helpline below will not have any further information.

Please note that a similar email is sent to both winners who collect their tickets and winners who post them. This means that a lot of the information below may not be relevant to you. Please refer only to the sections that are relevant to your chosen option.

If you chose to pick tickets up from an O2 Store then read the information below carefully

If you chose to pick up your tickets you may do so from the 20th June. Please do not go into the store any earlier as your tickets will not be there before this time. Please be patient as we are distributing a large amount of tickets in a short time. You have until closing time on the 27th June to collect your tickets, you do not have to collect them on the day mentioned above.

When you go into the store you MUST bring photo ID e.g. passport, new style photocard driving licence or travel pass. You MUST also bring something that shows your name and address matching the name and address you have entered e.g. utility bill

O2 store details, maps and opening times can be found here

The information below is for internal purposes and this shows that the tickets have been dispatched to the selected O2 store for free. The address below shows the O2 store you nominated for picking up your tickets.

If you chose to receive your tickets by recorded delivery

If you chose to receive your tickets by recorded delivery, please be patient as it may take a around a week for you to receive your tickets; there are a lot of tickets to send out in a short time.

Please note the tickets will arrive by recorded delivery, this means that you or someone at your address needs to sign for the tickets when they arrive. If you are not in then a card will be put through your door and you will have to collect your tickets from the local post office counter as advised on the card.

Please do not call the helpline unless you have waited over 8 days for your tickets, all tickets will be posted in good time for the concert.

We have posted your tickets to the address below.

Order information

If you chose to collect your tickets in store the payment section is not relevant, however the order number is important when you collect your tickets.

If you chose to receive your tickets by recorded delivery this is a receipt of payment

Order Date: 15 June 2005 Time: 10:35:58

Valanx - HA! You are such a cynic!! Cool!

Seriously, I would probably sell those babies, too!!

Anyhoo, if you do decide to go, Your Royal Highness, have a great time and take care of yourself. Oh, and also, take some cheese & tomato sarnies with you for when that annoying Coldplay bloke comes on pretending he is Jesus!!

No matter what, it will be some sort of experience! And, best of all, you'll see The Floyd together again!

nightwar said:
Anyhooo, if you do decide to go, Your Royal Highness, have a great time and take care of yourself.

I'm still slightly shocked I got the tickets but there's no way I can go cos I usually go over to Arran for 2 weeks during the summer and finally managed to book a cottage only about a week ago and have booked my car on the ferry and everything, so really I need this holiday and want it. When I entered the comp, I had a feeling I would get the tickets cos I've been really lucky this year, I won with planetrock radio 4 Rush tickets, 2 Whitensnake tickets and 2 Quo tickets. 3 weeks ago I also won a Sony DVD camcorder thing which I sold on ebay for £470!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be brill to see Floyd again but you'll be lucky if they play for about half an hour cos there's so many other bands on. Now that they've re formed, they will definitely do another show later in the year and I will be there for sure, right down the front, to see the might Floyd again.

lucky to win tickets for 'quo' ? Sorry that just does not make sense to me!!!

But yeah it would be good to see the Floyd again! I really need to see up close just how those energy giving life support machine things they have work!!!

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
It would be brill to see Floyd again but you'll be lucky if they play for about half an hour

I wont even ask why !!!

valanx said:
lucky to win tickets for 'quo' ? Sorry that just does not make sense to me!!!

Yes but I forgot to tell you that I sold the Quo tickets on ebay for £50 the pair and also Bratney Spears ones last summer sold them on ebay for £140.

And talking of Floyd, they're playing Time for noo on planetrock - nice!!!

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Yes but I forgot to tell you that I sold the Quo tickets on ebay for £50 the pair and also Bratney Spears ones last summer sold them on ebay for £140.

Excellent, thats awesome! Well done! I love ebay, some fools will buy anything!!!

And talking of Floyd...I listened to 'Bike' the other day, a work of genius if ever i heard one!!

Man! I'm confused! How can Floyd play for only half an hour when all their songs go on for about two hours each?!!
Or am I thinking of early Yes or Genesis?!

As for 'Bike' well... I don't know what Barrat was on but it sure did the job...

eBay is fantastic for selling tickets that you don't want. Like you said, Valanx - there is always some sucker out there. I mean... Britney Spears....!

But, seriously, you did some good work there, Your Royal Highness - there were probably some kids out there that had a great time seeing that thing we call 'Britney' and that's what counts. No need to tell the kids they've a shite taste in music, as they will probably figure that out when they hit puberty!
As for the Quo - well, my Dad is a big fan so I shall simply say 'No Comment'!!

nightwar said:
Man! I'm confused! How can Floyd play for only half an hour when all their songs go on for about two hours each?!!

Now that you mentioned that, im really confused also!!!