Pink Floyd reissues.

yeah, we are heading that way. Where's the time we held our vinyls and stared at them for hours...

I would like to catch me some more Pink Floyd though, I know too little stuff of them :oops:

"5 disk" version of Wish You Were Here and "7 disk" version of the Wall? I guess this would be remastered original recording + disk of demos/rarities + live CD + live DVD? I'll be interested to hear the rarities, but doubt I'll be buying any of these.

It's already getting hard for me to buy CDs anywhere other than online. The CD stores near me have nearly all closed down. The big electronic stores (Best Buy, etc) have significantly cut down the number of disks that they carry. I fully expect to start seeing more bands that put out digital only releases.

I had stopped buying CDs for about a year and half, but I missed the whole collectible aspect of it, so got back into it. Even if they stop printing new music on CD, there will always be a ton of old CDs floating around on the secondary market for collectors.

you can search out the contents of these releases. i believe a blu ray is one of the discs in these big sets. wish piper at the gates was one of these ultra expanded releases. syd's only true album with them

I also sadly agree that the physical CD will dissappear, but I think it has another 5-10 years before it's gone for good.
Pink Floyd is not helping the situation any by releasing multi-disc versions of single disc albums since they will no doubt be very expensive. I mean, a six disc version of Dark Side of the Moon? Overkill if you ask me.

If you could turn the pages of those scans between your fingers I'd agree, but since you cannot I'm with Wyv and Carnut
Totally agreed. The same is being tried with books. They trying to phase it out with the Kindle and similar products. Nothing beats holding a book when your reading it and turning the page.

I'll 4th the cd media! I can NOT buy mp3s online. I have bought some download stuff from Bumblefoot's site, but only because I could get it in a lossless format. There is nothing like actual "product" I was pissed when Albums went away, and I'll be even more pissed when cds are gone. The whole record industry doesn't know its ass from a hole in the ground.

There is nothing like actual "product" I was pissed when Albums went away, and I'll be even more pissed when cds are gone. The whole record industry doesn't know its ass from a hole in the ground.
Totally agreed. The same is being tried with books. They trying to phase it out with the Kindle and similar products. Nothing beats holding a book when your reading it and turning the page.

These summarize my thoughts, glad to see I''m not the only one.

I'll 4th the cd media! I can NOT buy mp3s online. I have bought some download stuff from Bumblefoot's site, but only because I could get it in a lossless format. There is nothing like actual "product" I was pissed when Albums went away, and I'll be even more pissed when cds are gone. The whole record industry doesn't know its ass from a hole in the ground.
I don't blame the record industry at all. CD sales are down and they are losing alot of money. They see the writing on the wall and have to adjust to the market. It is or was inevitable for them. They tried to resist as long as possible but now they no longer can. Other companies created the websites for download (Napster, Limewire etc.) and gadgets for downloading (Apple: Ipod etc.)that got the ball rolling and not necessarily the record industry.