pixel sizes

millionflame

New Metal Member
Mar 1, 2003
I'm a relatively new artist who recently began work on a cover and an insert for a band. I just need to know what the appropriate pixel dimensions are for a CD cover and inserts. Any response is greatly appreciated.

millionflame said:
I'm a relatively new artist who recently began work on a cover and an insert for a band. I just need to know what the appropriate pixel dimensions are for a CD cover and inserts. Any response is greatly appreciated.

Just download some templates and work within, unless it needs to be larger for a 12" or something.. www.magneticair.com has some quark/photoshop/illustrator jacket templates under their CD specifications

well you are in the wrong mode. pixels is for screen talk - for web monkeys. Your'e doing design for printing. so you actually measure out the dimensions with a ruler and use inches or millimeters, set that up in your document; 200 dpi for comps with your home printer or 300 dpi industry standard when you provide artwork to the print house. find out the measurement requirements the print house wants or just make it really big. Imagine if the artwork is going to be used for besides the ~ 5" CD cover - 12" vinyl cover? 20x30" poster? you don't want your 640x480 72dpi image blown up to a big poster, its gonna look fuzzy.