Places to stay

some of the bands ( including ourselves ) stay at the Derby Midland , right in front of the train station and only 10 mins walk from the gig , its quite up market but they were very cool , even letting 4WK and Invey stay up all night drinking and smokin very loudly in a private room downstaires , what a mess!!! a double room will cost yah £55 , if your traveling with yer missus then i highly recomend it as the en suite bath room is exelent ( big bath - lots of mirrors!)

We're staying at The Rangemoor Park. Quite close, with car park and breakfast included. £75 for a twin room with en-suite per night.

I'd book quick though. We tried one of the B&B's first who were fully booked and the Rangemoor said he had few rooms left and that was back in January.

ironeagle said:
Stayed in the Pennine, have re-booked it this year, not a brill place but they have beds, are close by and are cheap! thats all that matters!

they are chuffed with me this year, got me, the 3 i got to come with me and the additional 10 i got to come with us this year, makinj' a total of 14 rooms booked, 10 single and 2 double rooms, lol!
the pennine is quite grottie ... never been in but the dirty curtains dont look to swish ... but as you say it is very very cheap and very close to the centre ... i on the other hand a lucky enough (at least lucky for 2 days a year) to live in derby! so i can sleep in my own bed ... get wasted and not get too lost on my way home (tho its been known!)

I am looking for the pennine hotel all over in the internet, can someone give me a link to go and book some rooms? :confused:

I am going with my twin brother to derby from Venezuela! we have some family in london but they dont like metal. So if someone wants to host 2 metal twins from Venezuela....:D :worship: that would be awesome!

Grand Master Nagus said:
Me and two mates have just booked at a place called the Coach House on Crompton Street, which looks about 5 - 10 minute walk away, £25 per person per night with brekkie. I actually tried getting in the Ridgemoor Park hotel where I've stayed before, but it was full.

In fact, most of the places I called listed on the Bloodstock site were full - as one lovely old lady put it 'Oh no sorry, thats the weird weekend, we're booked up really early'

She had noooooo idea why.

So, if you are looking to book somewhere, my advice would be to do it asap unless you want to be miles out of the city centre and paying a fortune in cabs.

On a similarish theme (well, not really.....) I notice on my tickets that the shows finish at 11pm. That is a little before my bedtime, so does anyone know of any metal clubs / bars that will be open after the shows? :headbang:
me and my mate stayed there too, hopefully will stay there this year too.

wroed said:
We're staying at The Rangemoor Park. Quite close, with car park and breakfast included. £75 for a twin room with en-suite per night.

I'd book quick though. We tried one of the B&B's first who were fully booked and the Rangemoor said he had few rooms left and that was back in January.

We are at The Rangemoor Park as well me and my boyfriend are in en-suite and his brother and a friend of ours are in standard rooms we stayed there last year as well really nice place, reasonable price, friendly service a good breakfast and not too far from the assembly rooms. What more could you ask for? you said we who are you going with?