Play the ProgPower USA Ultimate Roster Fantasy Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn this is hard....do you want to go with a dream lineup based on these bands or what would do well with the masses even though you can't stand a few of the bands???

Welcome to Glenn's world! ;) Now, just throw in some public bitchiness/doubt/negativity, negotiations, visa/legal BS, and festival operation details on top of that - haha!! :)

Disclaimer: Not at all implying G. "can't stand" any past bands that have performed at PPUSA. :) Just saying that he struggles with the desire to book his absolute favorites, too!

I know it is a little Power heavy but i put a few Prog bands in there.

Friday:
Primal Fear 9
Circus Maximus 6
Iron Savior 3
Dreamscape 3
Pyramaze 2
Adagio 1

Saturday:
Iced Earth 10
Firewind 5
Delain 6
Spheric Universe Experience 3
Secret Sphere 2
Cage 1

Total Budget 51, savings of 9

My logic, ..... I like these bands.

Friday
1. Stratovarius-$10
2. Pagans Mind-$7
3. DC Cooper-$4
4. Seventh Wonder-$6
5. Enchant-$2
6. Wuthering Heights-$2

Saturday
1.Symphony X-$10
2. Angra-$6
3. Elvenking-$2
4. Amaranthe-$3
5. Kingcrow-$3
6. Theocracy-$1

Total-$55

I play all fantasy games...this one might be my favorite one ever, safe for the one about me and Audrey Tautou, but I'll save you the details. :yow:

I used 3 criteria putting the lineup together: Quality, Value, Currently Relevant

Friday
Sabaton (9)
Redemption (7)
Circus Maximus (6)
Amaranthe (3)
Theocracy (1)
Vangough (1)

Saturday
Nightwish (10)
Pagan's Mind (7)
Voyager (5)
Iron Savior (3)
Adagio (1)
Borealis (1)

Total Budget = $54 (savings of $6)

Friday

1. Pagan's Mind $7
2. Circus Maximus $6
3. Ark $5
4. Spiral Architect $4
5. Zero Hour $2
6. Pathosray $1

Saturday

1. Conception $9
2. Seventh Wonder $6
3. Voyager $5
4. Darkwater $3
5. Red Circuit $2
6. Power of Omens $1

All of that for only $51 (total savings of $9) :D

Friday
Sympony X ($10.00)
Primal Fear ($9.00)
Mob Rules ($5.00)
Kingcrow ($3.00)
Saint Deamon ($2.00)
Theocracy ($1.00)

Saturday
Helloween ($10.00)
Jorn $8.00)
Delain ($6.00)
Andromeda ($3.00)
Above Symmetry ($2.00)
Halcyon Way ($1.00)

Total: $60

I really tried to think of a lineup that could potentially include something really special to increase attention and interest for the festival. I think one of the biggest draws in terms of ticket sales Would be to get Michael Kiske and Kai Hansen together on stage with Helloween. This would leave the door open to having Andi Deris do a special reunion set with PC69 and would put a lot of the pieces in place for a Masterplan & Unisonic show on Thursday (which would RULE!). However, since none of the bands listed get Kiske onto US soil I settled for this lineup which would allow for a special, world-exclusive (I think) Allen/Lande performance on Thursday night.

This was an awesome idea but the more I look at my list the less confident I feel and that is with nothing actually on the line. I had to leave some of my favorite bands out due to the reception of recent albums and try to put in bands that reach beyond just the Progpower loyal but still appease them...which seems impossible. Thanks for clarifying how difficult it is to put on such a amazing festival.

Nightwish 10
Devin Townsend Band 9
Freak Kitchen 5
Leprous 4
Haken 2
Adagio 1

Blind Guardian 10
Sabaton 9
Firewind 5
Iron Savior 3
Into Eternity 1
Theocracy 1

Total: 60

Friday:
Redemption - $7
Circus Maximus - $6
Seventh Wonder - $6
Enchant - $2
DGM - $2
Pyramaze - $2

Saturday:
Evergrey - $9
Nocturnal Rites - $8
Labyrinth - $6
Tad Morose - $5
Wuthering Heights - $2
Borealis - $1

Total: $56 (Savings of $4)

Friday
Nightwish $10
Royal Hunt $9
Ark $5
Angel Dust $3
Cage $1
Raintime 1

Saturday
Iced Earth $10
Conception $9
Voyager $5
DC Cooper $4
Wuthering Heights $2
Theocracy $1

total - 60$

Friday Headliner to opener.
Conception $9.00
Sonata Arctica $9.00
Circus Maximus $6.00
Leprous $4.00
Adagio $1.00
Halcyon Way $1.00
(30)

Saturday Headliner to Opener:
Blind Guardian $10.00
Helloween $10.00
Firewind $5.00
Iron Savior $3.00
Theocracy $1.00
Outworld $1.00
(30)

Edit: Nightwish would probably be more than a $10 band now a-days so thats one reason I didnt pick them. 3,200+ tix at Nokia LA is A LOT of tickets!!! I would also assume you would make some sort of one off for them as well. Ka-Ching! You would need a bigger venue! haha

*Disclaimer: I'm doing this for fun only! :D

Friday:

Devin Townsend Band ($9, just launched a massive box set, great sales history and very strong tour history. Obviously would draw a crowd. To justify the ticket cost to DT fans, would probably be willing to pay another hypthetical $1 to have them do addicted and deconstruction back to back exclusively)
Firewind ($5, sizable US following, several successful headlining tours - obviously has gained popularity from the Ozzy connection, very good sales history)
Forbidden ($4, relevant, has done successful headliner tours, decent sales on the latest record - save money on visa costs and flights)
Amaranthe ($3, huge in Europe, big sales, would attract a spillover in the US for [hypothetically since they have yet to play the US] their first North American show)
Into Eternity ($1, first US show in who knows how long, extensive tour history, over 50,000 albums sold - no brainer)
Cellador ($1, toured with Trivium, All That Remains, etc. Over 20,000 albums sold - no brainer for an opener regardless of the band's current formation)

Total day cost: $24 (counting the extra $1 I threw in)

Saturday

Symphony X ($10, massive sales success on the last album. Draws high hundreds on the low end - low thousands on the high end. Throw in $2 to play the entire Divine Wings record to make it exclusive)
Sabaton ($9, tons of a hype, new album coming out, draws good crowds, sales history is nothing special in the US but it will likely grow in the coming months/years)
Nightingale ($4, obviously there are hordes of people who would want to catch Swanö live in any capacity. No brainier)
Leprous ($4, huge buzz over latest CD and success in Europe = same reasoning for their spot as Amaranthe)
Powerglove ( $2 Decent sales history, huge fanbase due to DIY exposure prior to getting signed, good tour history)
Borealis ($1 Great young band, full US tour with Saxon which go them decent exposure, no brainier for an opener)

Total day cost: $32 (counting the extra $2 I threw in)

Total cost: $58

Savings $2

My very selfish, and totally just for fun all Prog version. :D

Friday:

Diablo Swing Orchestra $4.00
Seventh Wonder $6.00
Andromeda $3.00
Zero Hour $2.00
Leprous $4.00
Cea Serin $1.00

Saturday:

Redemption $7.00
Ark $5.00
Haken $2.00
Kingcrow $3.00
Spiral Architect $4.00
Power Of Omens $1.00

Total = $42
Savings = $18

From Headliner to Opener (as per the rules - can't believe some people ignored that):

Friday:

Kamelot 10
Devin Townsend 9
Redemption 7
Amaranthe 3
Wuthering Heights 2
Prototype 1

Saturday:

Blind Guardian 10
Angra 6
Circus maximus 6
Leprous 4
Cage 1
Borealis 1

Total: 60 (I think it's a good investment, lol)
I know, Milton. I did it backwards. I fixed it, though. Same bands. Just the proper order as Glenn requested. I was so stoked to make my list, I had a brainfart and fucked up the band placement. :D

friday
1. Jorn .8
2. Firewind . 5
3. Pink Cream 69 . 5
4. Rob Rock .4
5. Stride .1
6. Sinbreed .2

sat
1. Pretty Maids .9
2. Iron Savior .3
3. D.C Cooper .4
4. Mystic Prophecy .5
5. Outworld .1
6. Lanfear .2

total spent 49 out of 60 , 11 dollars left over. I had to put the 4 bands on the roster this year that i'm going to see for sure can't wait! in right order

Here's Mine:

Friday

Therion $10
Gamma Ray $9
Forbidden $4
While Heaven Wept $3
Oceans Of Sadness $2
Cage $1

Saturday

Blind Guardian $10
Angra $6
Brainstorm $6
Communic $2
Eldritch $3
Stormwarrior $3

Total $59 Savings $1

FRIDAY

EVERGREY 9
CIRCUS MAXIMUS 6
ORPHANED LAND 6
PYRAMAZE 2
SAINT DEAMON 2
CAGE 1
total 26

SATURDAY

NIGHTWISH 10
DELAIN 6
SEVENTH WONDER 6
CIRCLE II CIRCLE 4
MAGISTRAL 1
THEOCRACY 1
total 28

TOTAL $54

Keeping $6 in the hole just in case a band is too retarded to practice and bails out or can not follow simple instructions on how to fill out a form. This gives me the opportunity to afford a replacement in the event of lost guarantee. If lineup stays in tact, then extra money would be used to entice a special performance (Gold Badge show) from one of the bands or perhaps a combination of members from various bands.

FRIDAY

Gamma Ray-9
Rage-7
Tyr-7
Symphorce-3
Stormwarrior-3
Raintime-1

SATURDAY

Weapons Of Mass Destruction-9
Primordial-7
Freak Kitchen-5
Circle II Circle-4
Virgin Steele-3
Wuthering Heights-2

Wow...I could do this all night...besides the budget the only two factors I considered were 1) these are bands I want to see and 2) I took into consideration some of my favorites that tour the States on a semi-regular basis now so I could exclude those (Blind Guardian, Kamelot, Evergrey, etc).

Friday
Vanden Plas $9.00
Circus Maximus $6.00
Angel Dust $3.00
Enchant $2.00
Firewind $5.00
Raintime $1.00

Saturday
Pagan's Mind $7.00
Crimson Glory $8.00
Tad Morose $5.00
Voyager $5.00
Pyramaze $2.00
Darkwater $3.00

Pagans Mind and Crimson Glory would be Co-Headliners on Satuday night. $56 total spent, $4 saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.