Playing multiple songs with different tunings

Md Player

Demons race into my eyes
Oct 31, 2004
Istanbul,Turkey
Hey there,it may sound a stupid question but here i go...My bands songs are in standart tuning but we do a lot of covers by different bands.Right now,we are playing songs by Atheist,Death,Carcass,Behemoth,Morbid Angel and Cynic.
I play guitar and do vocals.But there is a tuning problem since each songs has different tunings.So we will have a problem if we try to play the songs on their original tunes in one gig.What do u guys do on your concerts while playing different tunings or what would u suggest?And how can i know the nessecaire tune to play covers arranged for my vocal?

Thanks...

Md Player said:
Hey there,it may sound a stupid question but here i go...My bands songs are in standart tuning but we do a lot of covers by different bands.Right now,we are playing songs by Atheist,Death,Carcass,Behemoth,Morbid Angel and Cynic.
I play guitar and do vocals.But there is a tuning problem since each songs has different tunings.So we will have a problem if we try to play the songs on their original tunes in one gig.What do u guys do on your concerts while playing different tunings or what would u suggest?And how can i know the nessecaire tune to play covers arranged for my vocal?

Thanks...
1) get a two other guitars.

really that is the only way you can go. if you dont have enough money for some more guitars get a second job that will easily pay it off. im not so sure on your vocal question because i dont really get it

Yeah, what he said...

Solution 1) Have multiple pre-tuned guitars for each player
Solution 2) Get a stomp box tuner
Solution 3) Play all the songs in the same tuning (it can make for a decent effect sometimes)

Md Player said:
And how can i know the nessecaire tune to play covers arranged for my vocal?

...What?

Md Player said:
And how can i know the nessecaire tune to play covers arranged for my vocal?

My vocal is a throat vocal but not a deep growl so we use E standart because it fits and dont bother ear.I tried to say that is it possible to find a vocal range so i can tune the guitar to what would accomodate my voice and play differents tunings in that same tuning.I dont know if i managed to explain...

Draznog said:
haha he's a turkey

Yes, I'm Turkish,do you have a problem with that?

Draznog said:
haha he's a turkey

HAHA if u have a problem with that u and your australian mother can visit me with your white asses and I'll show you Some Turkish Stuff that u can't even imagine it's size, then I can say "HAHA He's a guy whose mother was analized by a Turkish guy. What a great Idea isn't it

Md Player said:
My vocal is a throat vocal but not a deep growl so we use E standart because it fits and dont bother ear.I tried to say that is it possible to find a vocal range so i can tune the guitar to what would accomodate my voice and play differents tunings in that same tuning.I dont know if i managed to explain...

Yes, I'm Turkish,do you have a problem with that?

If you're having trouble singing In other tuneings besides E, then you probably should learn how to sing before you go off makeing a band.

Downtune a halfstep and stfu.

COBHC420X said:
If you're having trouble singing In other tuneings besides E, then you probably should learn how to sing before you go off makeing a band.

Downtune a halfstep and stfu.

What the fuck are you talking about??Tune half step down??Are you stupid????...dont worry, i probably learned how to sing when you were born.And who the fuck are you to piss me off without knowing a thing about music.Now Fuck off.

WTF is going on in here???

on topic:
the ideal solution would be to have a guitar for each tuning and (since we're talking about "ideal") a second one for backup
when we played covers in my band (we didnt play many covers) we just played it in "our" tuning which was D standard (whole step down). worked quite well even for Hypocrisy's Roswell 47 which originally is in B

and I also dont really get what you're talking about concerning vocals.....
do you mean how to find out what tuning would work best with you voice?
I just "sang" along to other bands stuff to see what I could do best and we ended up deciding to tune to D as I felt I could replicate the vocals of D-tuned bands the best.
I have a wider vocal-range now and the band I do vocals for now is tuned B standard

Hexer said:
WTF is going on in here???

on topic:
the ideal solution would be to have a guitar for each tuning and (since we're talking about "ideal") a second one for backup
when we played covers in my band (we didnt play many covers) we just played it in "our" tuning which was D standard (whole step down). worked quite well even for Hypocrisy's Roswell 47 which originally is in B

and I also dont really get what you're talking about concerning vocals.....
do you mean how to find out what tuning would work best with you voice?
I just "sang" along to other bands stuff to see what I could do best and we ended up deciding to tune to D as I felt I could replicate the vocals of D-tuned bands the best.
I have a wider vocal-range now and the band I do vocals for now is tuned B standard

Hey man thanks for your reply,its really appriciated \m/:kickass: Its nice to see some people in here who actually replies like the old days, instead of throwing some shit at each other and writing really annoying posts...

Deadpool said:
HAHA if u have a problem with that u and your australian mother can visit me with your white asses and I'll show you Some Turkish Stuff that u can't even imagine it's size, then I can say "HAHA He's a guy whose mother was analized by a Turkish guy. What a great Idea isn't it

turkish people are turkey eating hobbits. now go away.

Md Player said:
Hey man thanks for your reply,its really appriciated \m/:kickass: Its nice to see some people in here who actually replies like the old days, instead of throwing some shit at each other and writing really annoying posts...

Well you better get used to people giving you shit. Welcome to the metal boards :kickass:

War_Blade said:

Yea and how do you know that,your little mind tells u that? or you have seen it while some Turkish people was fucking your ass you sob..Fuck off and stop throwing your fucking ideas.BTW You weren't that mood while getting some 18 inch dick in the ass. Hobbit ha don't make me laugh if I were standing in front of you we would see who is hobbit huahuauhahau

COBHC420X said:
Well you better get used to people giving you shit. Welcome to the metal boards

WOW an 2006 user giving his wise opinions about metal forums eh great work brother

War Blade said:

You are a totall loss kid.Its easy to write these kind of fucking idiocy in front of your computer ,but if you were here , i would make you eat your pathetic comments about Turkey.Get a life...sob

Deadpool said:
Yea and how do you know that,your little mind tells u that? or you have seen it while some Turkish people was fucking your ass you sob..Fuck off and stop throwing your fucking ideas.BTW You weren't that mood while getting some 18 inch dick in the ass. Hobbit ha don't make me laugh if I were standing in front of you we would see who is hobbit huahuauhahau

WOW an 2006 user giving his wise opinions about metal forums eh great work brother

This isn't the first i'v been to. If it was i wouldn't be saying that would I lol.

Deadpool said:

ahahahahahah

Deadpool said:

wow, so tough!!!

You are a totall loss kid.Its easy to write these kind of fucking idiocy in front of your computer ,but if you were here , i would make you eat your pathetic comments about Turkey.Get a life...sob

another tough guy, if you were here i would shoot you :Spin: