playing of metal in public?

I was in a pub the other night and they were playing Dragonforce. It was pretty sweet, since even though Dragonforce is the most pop-ish metal can get, it is still METAL! Hell yeah! Metal may be seeing a revival here in Canada, which I am very excited about.

If I'm driving around in my car, and I want to blast metal, I fucking will. Like it's fair at all that I have to listen to people's window-shattering ghetto blasters all the time. Plus I enjoy the reaction I get from conservatively dressed people as I drive by them with pure evil spewing out of my windows. Maybe I'm just a bitch? :)

My sentiments exactly.

I have been blasting Lamb of God's latest album in my car. It is not loud in crowded places, but I will turn it up when a group of minorities is near. They hate my music, I hate theirs, they blare theirs out so do I. I don't care what people think of me, they are just a guilty of doing it them selves to a degree. This world is rife of hypocrisy, why waste it on trivial shit like this? Enjoy life, and if you have to ruin someones day, good, fuck knows my day has been ruined by some jackass having a good day.

My train trips are ruined by the group of Lebanese 15 year olds who play their shit music on their phone. I don't bitch or tell them to turn it down, actually if I am with friends, we usually play our black metal on our own phones. Treat others how they treat you, not how you want to be treated. It's a dog eat dog world. Fight to survive. Metal up your ARSE :kickass:

Who gives a shit if they hate your music you play out loud, fuck people.

It's the same relevance to country and pop, as well as generic mainstream rock to us, but at least we know our genre of music is much more talented than that shit.

Blast it.

Who gives a shit if they hate your music you play out loud, fuck people.

It's the same relevance to country and pop, as well as generic mainstream rock to us, but at least we know our genre of music is much more talented than that shit.

Blast it.

because talent gives you the right to blast music in public? because people enjoy music styles solely based on talent?

retard

because talent gives you the right to blast music in public? because people enjoy music styles solely based on talent?

retard

Who gives a shit? I'm in my car and wouldn't give a flying shit simply because in 10 seconds I won't ever see their face, or even see them at all while concentrating on the road.

Why should I care what people think about metal music? ROFL

"oh no this guy is listening to devil music! he should turn it down!"

it's the same thing as rap, if they can do it, I can. It's not like I do it all the time anyway but if im coming home tired from a days work and I want to listen to Blackwater Park, I will definately crank the volume without care.

and let me ask you de_aztec, what would YOU personally rather listen to? mexican hink honk music, rap, or metal?

kthnx

I don't think it has anything to do with what kind of music that guy listens to. I'm just going to add that it's often unecessery to have the volume of your speakers on top. You can always and still appreciate music without imposing it to everyone. And it's not because stupid thugs and gangsters do it that you should feel free to act the same way. But if it's your philosophy, then there's a lot of (weird) things you can do.

I don't think it has anything to do with what kind of music that guy listens to. I'm just going to add that it's often unecessery to have the volume of your speakers on top. You can always and still appreciate music without imposing it to everyone. And it's not because stupid thugs and gangsters do it that you should feel free to act the same way. But if it's your philosophy, then there's a lot of (weird) things you can do.

^ Right here, listen to this guy

lol arent you that retard who stopped posting here because everything you said was totally and completely a) wrong or b) fucking stupid?
I thought that was Arasmas :err:

Blasting any kind of music in public annoys me. I keep my preferences to myself and usually use earphones when in public.

Bars are another story though. I'd hate to think anyone in a club known for playing metal would have a problem with it. I'd never go to a club known for playing "House," dance, country or hip-hop and complain about what's being played there. And for any place with a jukebox: if you didn't pump the thing full of quarters, you probably shouldn't complain.

err...what are you looking for? stern looks when you play metal in public?

I think a lot of people will agree with me when i say that playing any kind om music aloud on the streets just to show off is completely gunsandrosesly retard.

I put pretty much all the Ghost Reveries album (which is the only Opeth album in the jukebox) at a bar where I was with friends, playing pool. Only good moments and consternations from the other dudes that didn't know the band. But it was very democratic : I payed for it.

Where are you guys finding these jukeboxes with Opeth on them!!!!!

Everyone i go to i have to compromise and go with poison, motley crue, and metallica.

A bar near my house where pretty much all metalheads go. There's only rock, and they often play bands such as Iron Maiden, but the jukebox contains pretty much all the popular metal bands.

Pretty much