playing with DECAPITATED tomorrow!!!

Fragle

Jul 27, 2005
Germany
we just got booked as local support for the current DECAPITATED tour!!!

we'll have the opening slot, but then again, we're opening for decapitated goddamit. i'm psyched, vogg is a guitar hero of mine, and i love every single fucking album.

friday, 2.7., at turock in essen, germany. stage time will be 19.30...well, opening slot ;)

any sneapsters going??

by the way, our other guitar player couldn't manage to free up his work schedule on such short notice, hence i'll be handling guitar duties all by myself...should be interesting hehe.

if it was my own band, I'd kick the [other] guitar player's ass sooooooo bad...

really, I've quit jobs to go SEE shows as a spectator, I just can't understand the guys who doesn't do the gig because he works...and we're not talking about some shitty gig with no headliner...anyway...

Good show for tomorrow, dude!
Headbang a turn or 2 for us :D

really, I've quit jobs to go SEE shows as a spectator, I just can't understand the guys who doesn't do the gig because he works...and we're not talking about some shitty gig with no headliner...anyway...

Yeah, i've wanted to murder my drummer becouse of this on several occasions, and now he's getting maried to boot.

Anywho,

Congrats Fragle, hope you drink some vodka with Vogg after the show :devil:

i'll be driving :D so no vodka for me. but it's cool enough to actually meet the guy, let alone share the stage with him. no need for the booze ^^

as for the work thing....well, let's just say he's got his priorities set way different than the rest of us. unfortunately he's the main songwriter, and his writing style is really the voice of retaliation, otherwise...well, you know what.

fuuuuuuuuu.....decapitated is a sick band. great show and nice (but somewhat stressed) guys.

our show went pretty well. only fuckup was that our singer accidentally pulled out my tuner->amp cable with his mic cable, but well, lesson learned, i'll tape all my shit down from now on.

decapitated was sick as fuck, vogg is amazing. they played pretty much all my favorite songs, most of them on the organic hallucinosis album.
btw, we ended up being the only support for decapitated, as the tour support ex deo (all kataklysm members basically) had to cancel their show due to j-f being sick.

aaaanyways, some gear info:

4 mesa rectifier cabs, 2 left 2 right. the obvious part.
now, he had a big ass pedalboard consisting of a boss ns2, korg tuner, boss delay, wahwah and whammy pedals.
he also used a dual amp setup, one of them being the laboga mr hector, the other one the randall gh300 solid state head. he used a morley a-b-y splitter to switch between amps. for example, in the left/right chug breakdown section in post-organic he constantly switched between the amps to mimic that 2-guitar effect. most of the time he ran both amps at once though.
the laboga was set pretty dark and beefy and didn't sound that great by itself. he actually seemed to get most of his sound out of the randall, which sounded great btw. with both amps running at once the sound was beefy and crushing as fuck.

Glad that all went great, sound like you had lots of fun!!

My band also opened for them in 2007, had the chance to be with them at backstage all night and i actually played the roll of guitar tech for Vogg, Vitek was one of the nicest, coolest and funny guys in Death Metal Ever!!! along with Vogg, they even share us their dinner.

fuuuuuuuuu.....decapitated is a sick band. great show and nice (but somewhat stressed) guys.

our show went pretty well. only fuckup was that our singer accidentally pulled out my tuner->amp cable with his mic cable, but well, lesson learned, i'll tape all my shit down from now on.

decapitated was sick as fuck, vogg is amazing. they played pretty much all my favorite songs, most of them on the organic hallucinosis album.
btw, we ended up being the only support for decapitated, as the tour support ex deo (all kataklysm members basically) had to cancel their show due to j-f being sick.

aaaanyways, some gear info:

4 mesa rectifier cabs, 2 left 2 right. the obvious part.
now, he had a big ass pedalboard consisting of a boss ns2, korg tuner, boss delay, wahwah and whammy pedals.
he also used a dual amp setup, one of them being the laboga mr hector, the other one the randall gh300 solid state head. he used a morley a-b-y splitter to switch between amps. for example, in the left/right chug breakdown section in post-organic he constantly switched between the amps to mimic that 2-guitar effect. most of the time he ran both amps at once though.
the laboga was set pretty dark and beefy and didn't sound that great by itself. he actually seemed to get most of his sound out of the randall, which sounded great btw. with both amps running at once the sound was beefy and crushing as fuck.

Vogg has always had killer live tone. After all, the man IS a fucking demon. :worship:

I want to see them soo bad...Still have a ticket to see the "original band" back when they played ireland years ago and i couldn't make it. Im sure living on the mainland will make it easier now though!

Vogg is god, glad to hear there sound people too!

Awesome man, congrats. I mixed them in Auckland, New Zealand April 1st and to be honest I was pretty disappointed with their new lineup, but Vogg was still fucking awesome and a really, really good dude.
One funny thing - I hadn't met him before and his English and mannerisms reminded me so much of Moyses from Krisiun - crazily similar!