[Playtest] Intro of Playtesters

inozhad

New Metal Member
Nov 16, 2004
Greetings!

I just wanted to get a thread going so that we can introduce ourselves.

My name is Danny. I was born and raised in Tennessee. After getting my B.A. in English and my M.Ed., I worked for my college (www.mtsu.edu) for a while before going to work for the US Army in Washington.

I have played D & D 3rd Edition and Diablo 2 based on the d20 system. I have been both the GM and the PC. I will not claim any kind of expert perspective; I can offer and intelligent opinion from a player, though.

I received LotFP today (16 NOV). I will need the rest of the week to read the rules multiple times.

I will GM the rules with a playtest group of one to four people. If anyone has interest, I can try to post a journal in a separate thread each weekend. The only reason I'd think to do it is so that others can see problems in my GMing that led me to believe there is a problem with the rules.

Hello to all, and happy gaming!

Hmmm, good idea. :D

(I've tried writing my introduction three times now, but it keeps getting too long and boring. To sum up:)

I'll be 30 on December 7, which will mark my 22nd anniversary gaming as it all started when my mother bought me some D&D books on my 8th birthday.

I live in Kissimmee, FL currently, and I'm hoping to be in Finland for an extended stay by the end of the year.

Early/mid 03 I stumbled on the 'core mechanic' (the Test thing) that made me think my longstanding desire to make my own RPG could possibly work. I got to work around July 03 on the rules, and kept at it off and on til Oct 04 when I had a core rules draft I felt comfortable sending out.

And I think a journal thread is a wonderful idea as you play the game.

Hi to all!

I'm 24-year-old guy from Finland and studying in university at the moment. I've gamed for about 12 years, so half of my life now. I've GM experience on various games, especially from Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay which I've GM'd the most. PC experience on another bunch of games, nowadays mostly D&D and Earthdawn, but everything from Cyberpunk 2020 to Kult in the past. All in all, I think I've been involved in some way or another with something like 20-25 different game systems and also couple of years of live role-playing which I gave up because finnish LRP scene is full of elitistic morons.

I got LotFP actually a while ago (nearly two weeks I think...), but as I've been rather busy with school lately, I haven't had the time to really concentrate on them. I've read them though and as I should start having a bit more time now, I'm planning to GM them to a group of 5-6 players using my own fantasy world, which I've previously GM'd with GURPS. It should suit LotFP-rules fine as it is pre-1600's in tech and the magic is extremely rare and powerful and hence pretty much freeform, so I don't need (nor I will allow any) rules for it. Depending if my players are in town and not with horrendous hangovers, I'm probably having character creation + first game session during the weekend. I'll be commenting on the rules after that.

btw. Where in Finland are you going to stay Jim?