Please give me your opinion...

Is it dorky to wear a band's shirt when seeing them play?

• Yes

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 27 64.3%

• Total voters

Lina

kickass elizabethan style
May 2, 2001
Maryland, U.S.
Visit site
Do you think it's "dorky" (substitute any similar adjective) to wear the shirt of a band to their show?

I'm curious about this. I have in the past, but then I heard some people making fun of that. Am I out of it?

No need to lecture me on wearing whatever I want. :loco: I just want some honest opinions.

i guess its like advertising "hey i think this band is cool" which is obvious if your at their concert... so maybe it is a bit silly

i personally wouldnt wear a band tshirt to their concert.

call the fassion police:eek:

my experience is that true metal chicks wear only leather, vinyl or undergarments to concerts.

I only wear a band's t-shirt on their own concert if it's some rare stuff :) I feel quite silly if 50 ppl wear the same t-shirt.. and that happens VERY often in live shows.. I just wore a plain black t-shirt on Opeth's show ;P

personally i wouldn't, but i don't think its dorky...but i generally think that a band t-shirt is a good way to meet ppl who like the same band, a function quite redundant at thats bands concert, as you can assume that most of the ppl there like the band

well, it's likely you won't be making a very unique dress statement. because plenty of others witll be wearing a similar thing.

i'm almost over metal band shirts completely. if i had an opeth shirt i'd wear it though.

Like Mr. Black I don't do it, but I don't think it's dorky. I have some friends who think it is, they refer to them as "those guys." I don't really see the logic, but it seems to annoy certain people, to each their own.

Originally posted by Soul4Raziel
I have some friends who think it is, they refer to them as "those guys."
:lol: :lol: :lol: This is so funny! This is EXACTLY what this guy told me, the first guy that pointed it out to me. He refers to them as "that guy." I figured it would be too hard to explain, but now that you mention it! So I guess that's like the accepted term for them. :lol: funny.

Actually, I've tended to buy shirts for the bands at their concerts, and thus end up wearing them. I dunno. I suppose if I had a multitude of band shirts (which I don't - and never wear anyways) I'd wear shirts of other bands to concerts - (hypothetically, if I had the shirt and the concert happened) I'd wear an Opeth shirt to a Slayer concert, to see if any other Opeth fans recognize it, which would be far cooler than simply wearing a Slayer shirt. The moment of recognition between Opeth fans would be THAT cool.

However, I wouldn't look down upon it either, and would probably mock those who did (mock the mockers).

Nah - it's just a piece of clothing. It's no different from the expressionism of tattoos or piercings - at least that's how I look at it.

Originally posted by metalmancpa
Nah - it's just a piece of clothing. It's no different from the expressionism of tattoos or piercings - at least that's how I look at it.

I agree, although I wouldn't mind advertising for Opeth.